Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 pump protection active

C

CaspersCali

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi 2022 Coast here.

Throwing the 'pump protection active' error when trying to use the tap. Have tried sucking and blowing the tap + emptying the tank etc to no avail. Pump definitely works...for 3 seconds!

Any we.re going away tomorrow. Anyone got any last minute ideas?

Thanks
Tony

If you have the rear shower outlet make sure that the fitting has clicked to the out position. Wiggle it.

Annoyingly no shower on our coast

Next suggestion: open the tank and check the pump intake is at the bottom of the tank.

I have the OBD info to look for if you're equipped?

Last edited:
Yep had a look. Looks like it's at the bottom. Pump runs and water flows for a few seconds until pump protection warning. Clearing the warning gives you another 3 seconds of water.

Feels like an air lock but strange how sucking water through doesn't clear it.

Yep had a look. Looks like it's at the bottom. Pump runs and water flows for a few seconds until pump protection warning. Clearing the warning gives you another 3 seconds of water.

Feels like an air lock but strange how sucking water through doesn't clear it.
My understanding of the system is that module J608 will monitor the waterpump current and the control panel give you that error if abnormally low current is sensed. I've seen around 1.7A on I/O channel 21.

Sadly that's the end of my insight. I'm sorry if it's all Greek.

Thanks for your help. I'll get it to a dealers at some point albeit the local one is York and probably not worth the gamble.

Thanks for your help. I'll get it to a dealers at some point albeit the local one is York and probably not worth the gamble.
I think this guy might agree:

And a few others. You could search. I would try avoid that dealer if it were me.

Yeah. They basically told me to take it to Hull if any problems as they've not a clue.

Back