Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Tow Bar

Countless threads on this with lots fitting after market options. OEM is westfalia detachable. Don’t worry if it hasn’t got the towbar prep as some fitters by pass this anyway. Some might warn against going to anyone but VW if still in warranty but I did and had good experience. Quick search will bring up loads more info but shout if you have specific questions and can’t find a solution.

I was particularly wondering if there were any coding/compatability issues with the new T6.1 in particular as it has lots more electronic wizardry.... I'm getting the dealer to do it prior to delivery - £765 plus VAT detachable Westfalia. Didn't think that was a bad price.

Can’t help with that one sorry as I have. MY T618 but doesn’t seem a bad price seeing as you will have no issues with warranty then either

I was particularly wondering if there were any coding/compatability issues with the new T6.1 in particular as it has lots more electronic wizardry.... I'm getting the dealer to do it prior to delivery - £765 plus VAT detachable Westfalia. Didn't think that was a bad price.
looks like a very good price to me.....sounds cheaper than ordering the prep+tow bar from the beginning if i remember rightly. (well, not much in it in any case)

Factory ordered trailer assist comes with towbar prep. £264

Also a Trailer Assist option on 6.1 £576 Includes other functions.

Doh... forgot to specify tow bar or even tow bar prep on my new T6.1 Ocean. Anyone fitted one yet after delivery ?
Yeah go to sgm towing in Cardiff and get a Westfalia detachable - same as VW one. £600+vat inc software coding