Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 2018 VW Ocean Steering Wheel Lock?

whiskymac

whiskymac

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Very confused, which Stoplock will fit my lovely new (well one year old) Ocean?

As an added security on top of the tracker, alarm and immobiliser.

I’ve put the vehicle registration into Amazon and that really doesn’t help (it claims that I own a VW Passat)!

Probably a medium?
That should be fine?

I’ve put the vehicle registration into Amazon and that really doesn’t help (it claims that I own a VW Passat)!
Stop lock pro elite

Stoplock pro elite from Halfords.. stick in boot when not in use as could be dangerous if in collision, it's quite heavy... not difficult to put on /take off

We fitted the Milenco and it fits fine, easy on and easy off, and stored on the floor infront of the passenger seat when not in use.

I sometimes use a very old Stoplock my dad used in his VW Passat.
But as I have an airbag, and a thicker steering wheel, I adjusted it a bit. I made the grip a bit wider by cutting off some plastic from the opening hole, and lay it down on the dashboard instead of over the airbag, as that doesn't fit anymore.
But when they really want your van, they just cut your steering wheel and remove the stoplock.
But it is a first attempt to stop or at least slow them down.

I sometimes use a very old Stoplock my dad used in his VW Passat.
But as I have an airbag, and a thicker steering wheel, I adjusted it a bit. I made the grip a bit wider by cutting off some plastic from the opening hole, and lay it down on the dashboard instead of over the airbag, as that doesn't fit anymore.
But when they really want your van, they just cut your steering wheel and remove the stoplock.
But it is a first attempt to stop or at least slow them down.
As you say if they want it, it’s a 15 second job to cut the steering wheel.

Just looked at that Milenco:
https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-security/car-security/disklok-steering-lock-silver-small
That looks more secure? If it fits of course...
The Milenco lock fits easily on to the VW California steering wheel.

Set the steering wheel at 90deg to normal. This way the 2 metal pins will locate in 2 sections of the steering wheel for added security.

We have 2 of these now for our vehicles....one of each colour....yellow and silver.

And has been said before, we just lay it on the floor between the seats when driving.

Let me know if you want to see a photo of it in position on the Cali

The Milenco lock fits easily on to the VW California steering wheel.

Set the steering wheel at 90deg to normal. This way the 2 metal pins will locate in 2 sections of the steering wheel for added security.

We have 2 of these now for our vehicles....one of each colour....yellow and silver.

And has been said before, we just lay it on the floor between the seats when driving.

Let me know if you want to see a photo of it in position on the Cali

Thanks ... would love to see a photograph of it in place.

Back