Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Beach nearside internal roof trim removal

Grimsa

Grimsa

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Has anyone experience of removing the interior panel that runs along the passenger side from B pillar back to the rear tailgate? This is the long panel that runs along the top of the windows and houses the interior lights and rear passenger vents. I need to access some cabling behind that panel, but cant seem to find all the fastener locations making me think it may be glued into place.

I had similar trouble with the one above the sliding door on my SE which I assume is a similar panel.
If you remove the lights and look through the hole you should be able to some metal fasteners and if you remove the b pillar trim and pull back the headlining then you can see what look some clips on the end of the trim panel. I think you would also need to remove the C Pillar trim. Be interested to know how you get on as I ultimately didn't manage it on mine. I had a look at the online parts diagram and it does have a tube of glue on it so you could be onto something with that.

Thanks for the info Louis II - Link did'nt work for me but your mention of tube of glue on the parts list is proof enough.
I've now removed B + C + D pillar cover panels - They just pull off. Popped out the 3 interior lights and the 2 aircon vents. Removed the tailgate area roof trim. Doing all this reveals a number of small metal fixing bolts on the actual trim piece i needed to remove. Although this loosened the trim, it still would'nt budge along the top edge of the panel. With no other visible fixings and nothing else obvious to remove it's got to be glued - which begs the question of how you are ever supposed to remove it!
Luckily with the fixings and other panels removed there was enough movement for me to hook the cable i needed to access, so for now job done. Still annoying I could'nt remove the panel completely though!

Back