Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Cali Ocean T28 or T32

The Pox

The Pox

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
When I have been discussing insurance quotes they often ask whether the 2018 Cali Ocean I have is a T28 or T32. Does anyone know the answer...When I tell them it is a T6 it does not help!!

I believe it's to do with the gross vehicle weight t28 = 2.8 tonne...

They probably don't know what a Cali is.

The 28 and 32 refers to the weight that a Transporter van can carry
in the UK.

28 = 2800kg or 2.8tonnes. So, the vehicle itself, as it arrived from the factory weighs around 1800kg (this is the Net Weight) which means that the weight of the load it can carry is about 1000kg or 1tonne

Tell them to look it up again. Its a California.

Reactions: Sad

They probably don't know what a Cali is.

The 28 and 32 refers to the weight that a Transporter van can carry
in the UK.

28 = 2800kg or 2.8tonnes. So, the vehicle itself, as it arrived from the factory weighs around 1800kg (this is the Net Weight) which means that the weight of the load it can carry is about 1000kg or 1tonne

Tell them to look it up again. Its a California.
The Muppets you ring don't really know that is the problem. They seem to only want to know what van it is based on...

The Muppets you ring don't really know that is the problem. They seem to only want to know what van it is based on...
Maybe do a search up above as to which
insurance scammers others are using.

When I have been discussing insurance quotes they often ask whether the 2018 Cali Ocean I have is a T28 or T32. Does anyone know the answer...When I tell them it is a T6 it does not help!!
Change Insurance companies.
T28/30 of 32 are Transporter commercial designations. Many conversions are based on these commercial vehicles.

The California is a Diesel Car as defined by DVLA and related to the Caravelle as sold by VW.

Anyhow it’s a t30 tell them not a t28 or a t32
You can educate them!

I am with @WelshGas - been ringing around getting quotes for this years policy this week - not one broker has asked that question. "find another company" who knows what a Cali is.

Back