Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California Beach 4Motion 204 HP - a couple of questions

BogdanViziteu

BogdanViziteu

BogdanV
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Hi guys, I have just received my first T6 California Beach 4Motion 204 HP. On of the options that i have on the Cali is "230-volt power supply with charging function for cars. Batteries and 230-volt power outlet in the interior".

The question that i have is regarding the 220V socket inside the car. Should it be connected to an invertor and provide power when the car is not hooked up to external ? I tried to connect a phone charger to the socket and there is no power coming from it. Is this socket working only when the car is hooked up to external 220V connection (no invertor in this case...)?

Thank you,
Bogdan.

Hi guys, I have just received my first T6 California Beach 4Motion 204 HP. On of the options that i have on the Cali is "230-volt power supply with charging function for cars. Batteries and 230-volt power outlet in the interior".

The question that i have is regarding the 220V socket inside the car. Should it be connected to an invertor and provide power when the car is not hooked up to external ? I tried to connect a phone charger to the socket and there is no power coming from it. Is this socket working only when the car is hooked up to external 220V connection (no invertor in this case...)?

Thank you,
Bogdan.
Correct.:thumb

In T5 Beach there is no inverter, the internal socket only works when hooked up. I guess in T6 is the same thing.

Back