Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean fog lights query

S

Scout0608

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all,

Do all Californias come with fog lamps? Mine has what looks like front fogs, and the switch on the dash to operate them, only they don’t come on and neither is there a lamp on the dash display. Maybe they are just turning lamps?

Similarly for the rear. I have the switch, but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

Is that normal or am I missing something?

Thank you!

No warning light for front fogs only rear.
when you turn on the front fogs are you turning the knob and pulling it out?
does the light on the switch light up?

Yes you should have fog lamps. Are you using the main headlight switch? Normally it may be in auto mode ( if you have that) but you’d need to turn it round to put front figs on and from memory you pull the switch out for rear

Thanks both.
I am pulling the switch out (towards me) as the manual suggests, but nothing seems to happen. No display on the dash and nothing lighting up (front or rear). All very confusing.

Thanks both.
I am pulling the switch out (towards me) as the manual suggests, but nothing seems to happen. No display on the dash and nothing lighting up (front or rear). All very confusing.
Ignition on?

Thanks both.
Do you have ignition on plus main beam headlights on?

Do the from cornering lights work? that would confirm the bulbs are ok.

Do you have a towbar? a 7 to 13 pin adapter left in the towing plug cuts out the rear fog light as it assumes you have a trailer attached.

Tested on my T6
Ignition & engine on.
Lights manually set to side lights - pull switch out to first click brings front fogs on with no dash panel indication- second click brings rear fogs on also plus amber rear fog panel lamp indication.
Lights manually set to headlights on - same as sidelight position.

not possible to have rear fog without front fog.

Not very good if running in Auto position and encounter fog and have to remember the sequence of going to manual headlight mode then pull switch. Plunged into darkness during that process.

Mmm.
I’ve tried again. Lights set to manual sidelights, ignition running and pull the switch out.
No fog lights. Actually if I turn the light switch to off the lights stay on…..so maybe it’s a fault with the switch itself.
I have rear LEDs, in the ‘E’ configuration. I can’t actually see where a high intensity rear light would fit in that.
At the front I have dogs / turning lights in below the main light clusters. But haven’t seen them do anything as yet.
I might to spin into a dealer and have it checked.
At least I have lights….!

Fogs not dogs!
Hi Scout,

you can edit your original post (after posting) look at your original post

there is an edit button bottom right, if you click that you can edit the original

Hi Scout,

you can edit your original post (after posting) look at your original post

there is an edit button bottom right, if you click that you can edit the original
I think that function is only for paid up members.

Mmm.
I’ve tried again. Lights set to manual sidelights, ignition running and pull the switch out.
No fog lights. Actually if I turn the light switch to off the lights stay on…..so maybe it’s a fault with the switch itself.
I have rear LEDs, in the ‘E’ configuration. I can’t actually see where a high intensity rear light would fit in that.
At the front I have dogs / turning lights in below the main light clusters. But haven’t seen them do anything as yet.
I might to spin into a dealer and have it checked.
At least I have lights….!
rear fog lights are relatively small at the bottom of the light units. Only half the width and approx a thumb width in height.

Back