Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean Kitchen Storage Solutions

Fop15

Fop15

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, hoping you can help with suggestions for good kitchen storage boxes/solutions for the Ocean cupboards. I understand that IKEA Kuggis boxes were a favourite but have now been discontinued. Does anyone have an alternative suggestion that works for them?

Many thanks in advance!!

Hi all, hoping you can help with suggestions for good kitchen storage boxes/solutions for the Ocean cupboards. I understand that IKEA Kuggis boxes were a favourite but have now been discontinued. Does anyone have an alternative suggestion that works for them?

Many thanks in advance!!
I bought some Kuggis boxes earlier this year. They still sell them. The hack of using a lid and cut down chopping board over the kitchen drawer is a masterstroke.

Many thanks in advance!!
Have a look at this old thread, with pics:thumb

We bought 4 of these and they work brill. They just fit in the left hand cupboard (2 stacked on top of each other side by side). Very stron and lids fits tight without taking space up. Only down side is delivery is expensive. They do loads of sizes but this suited us as we already had one in the house. I'll try and get picture of them insitu if I can....

If you fancy shelling out a fair chunk....

That said, they're (in my view) the best option if money isn't a consideration.

Agreed. I bought these on the back of your video (thanks!) and they are great.
The only flaw is that you can't get anything out with the bed made, but in living room mode they maximise the storage well.
I'd love to see their profit margin though...

I saw that video too and went to the site to order. Just ridiculous price!

I emailed a while ago to query the situation re VAT and import taxes. They did provide a discount code, which was very kind, but it was something like €20 which in the grand scheme of things didn't really dent the overall cost. They'd need to be about 50% cheaper to be a realistic option.

Agreed. I bought these on the back of your video (thanks!) and they are great.
The only flaw is that you can't get anything out with the bed made, but in living room mode they maximise the storage well.
I'd love to see their profit margin though...
Yeah, we started to find that after using them thoroughly on a fortnight camping trip. We found a way by removing the load through hatch. Easier to then grab the whole lot and pull it through.

I had spotted these a while ago and they seemed exactly what I was looking for, but the tax/customs position didn’t look right on checkout (not sure if it’s because I’m in NI). Figured it was too much for a few posh boxes to then have another wedge slapped on top again. Then I saw your video and wavered. A lot. But eventually came to the same conclusion. Which is surprising, cause I am a fool, and …is that a diamond encrusted brandrup ice cream scoop???

I emailed a while ago to query the situation re VAT and import taxes. They did provide a discount code, which was very kind, but it was something like €20 which in the grand scheme of things didn't really dent the overall cost. They'd need to be about 50% cheaper to be a realistic option.
Cheaper and a UK stockiest would also be helpful.
I bought the kitchen cupboard ones following yips video, great addition to the kitchen storage, just don't think about the cost!

I'm so sorry :D

It's one of my bugbears with a lot of California stuff. So many of the aftermarket manufacturers are mainland based, which just makes so many items cost prohibitive. Alternative is to get them delivered to a campsite in Germany/France whilst on a visit ;) Albeit having a holiday to justify some boxes is a bit backwards :D

Just managed a pic showing these boxes and how they fit well. SWMBO may well swap things around after a while but they serve their purpose well for around £6 each

20240607_090740.jpg

20240607_090803.jpg

Cheaper and a UK stockiest would also be helpful.
I bought the kitchen cupboard ones following yips video, great addition to the kitchen storage, just don't think about the cost!
I did suggest they contact the two most obvious UK Cali tat stockists. Not sure if they ever did, but by the time UK distributors took their margin I'm not sure they would be any cheaper. I assume the Brexit taxes would still apply one way or the other.

I think the base price is a big problem anyway.
Makes me consider starting a sideline…

Yeah, we started to find that after using them thoroughly on a fortnight camping trip. We found a way by removing the load through hatch. Easier to then grab the whole lot and pull it through.
I think I understand. I have the storage pack though, so that's ruled out as the load through hatch is filled with a small under-bench drawer?
Out of interest - can you get the upper rearmost box out without removing the box in front of it?

Last edited:
I bought La Jolie Muse storage baskets from Amazon. Pretty and useful.

I think I understand. I have the storage pack though, so that's ruled out as the load through hatch is filled with a small under-bench drawer?
Out of interest - can you get the upper rearmost box out without removing the box in front of it?
No - one of my bugbears, as it's that box where we keep the 'van biscuits' for the kids (and secretly, me...). Same with the lower left one too. The bench sits too far forwards. But that's why Nord did those boxes as two by two, rather than larger singles like on the right hand side.

Just managed a pic showing these boxes and how they fit well. SWMBO may well swap things around after a while but they serve their purpose well for around £6 each

View attachment 124327

View attachment 124328
@Norfolk Jim - I bought one of these to try with the higher lid. I was so pleased with my purchase until it jammed when I opened the right hand cupboard. It was millimetres out. So frustrating! Can you open both cupboards ok?

Back