Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean - Round Hole next to 12 V plug under rear seat near the door!

D

Dean Oldfield

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Any idea what the large round hole next to 12 V plug under rear seat near the sliding door is? It seems to have 3 spring plastic clips in as well.

Sorry if not explained it very well!

Any idea what the large round hole next to 12 V plug under rear seat near the sliding door is? It seems to have 3 spring plastic clips in as well.

Sorry if not explained it very well!

It's a cup holder.

The penny pinchers at VW are too mean to make a panel specifically for the California so they use the Caravelle panel instead which very usefully gives us two things:-

1 A cup holder you can never get a cup in.
2 A power socket which is very awkward to use at best (with the seat fully back) or totally impossible to use at all (with the bed down)

Cheers VW.

Totally agree with the above...

I use that 12v for my macbook charger. Once I've squeezed it in it just stays there, the charging end of the cable clipped out of the way on the handle by the rear seat until required.

It is just a useless hole in the trim....
You need to push the rear seat all the way forward or back ( remove the rear shelve) to fit a cup/can soda in there...
It is usefull on a normal van , but i guess the Cali-bench/sleep seat has diffrent measurements.

IMG_3621.JPG hi just getting familiar with new Cali and can't understand why there's a drinks holder in the rear under the seat which is not accessible - or am I having a senior moment?

Cheers Snowy
Thanks for enlightening me.

I find it quite useful for stowing the tobacco tin I use as an ashtray to stow the butts after my occasional puff outside the van!

Back