Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean with DynaAudio

• Thread starter Lost in the Forest
  • Start date
L

Lost in the Forest

VIP Member
Hello,

My newly acquired T6 has DynaAudio fitted. Before I start removing door panels to investigate, does anyone know if it comes with any sound proofing fitted as standard?

Is this option, just better and more speakers with a DSP.

On my previous T5.1 Cali , adding sound deadening to the doors make a significant improvement to sound quality and a reduction in road noise hence why I want to investigate this modification again.

Cheers

Last edited:
I don't know for sure but highly doubt VW would have fitted sound insulation / proofing.

I did it on my old Cali, made a huge difference like you say

Hello,

My newly acquired T6 has DynaAudio fitted. Before I start removing door panels to investigate, does anyone know if it comes with any sound proofing fitted as standard?

Is this option, just better and more speakers with a DSP.

On my previous T5.1 Cali , adding sound deadening to the doors make a significant improvement to sound quality and a reduction in road noise hence why I want to investigate this modification again.

Cheers
I don't know for sure but highly doubt VW would have fitted sound insulation / proofing.

I did it on my old Cali, made a huge difference like you say
Quit a bit of Sound Proofing and Anti-Vibration Pads fitted as standard, certainly on the T5.1. Cannot see it being less on subsequent models.FF05F0AE-EDC5-4DEC-92E5-BB60D1F584F6.jpegEA3888A1-7D9E-4354-BAFD-EB5608AFB334.png

thanks for sharing the diagrams.
I will pop the door card off this weekend and see what hides beneath.

Just as a follow-up, I have now removed the T6 door cards and apart from a couple of foam pads there is no sound proofing installed .

I have started Dyna matting everything on one door including the inside of the outer door skin behind the speaker, internal metal panel and parts of the door card). I can hear a noticeable improvement on audio clarity comparing against the non dyna matted door. So worth the effort and cost (~£50).
Onto the 2nd door tomorrow.

Just as a follow-up, I have now removed the T6 door cards and apart from a couple of foam pads there is no sound proofing installed .

I have started Dyna matting everything on one door including the inside of the outer door skin behind the speaker, internal metal panel and parts of the door card). I can hear a noticeable improvement on audio clarity comparing against the non dyna matted door. So worth the effort and cost (~£50).
Did you take pictures ?

I’d love it if anyone has images or a step by step guide for this process, and the best material to use

Interesting but not surprising that even the optional premium sound package didn't include any additional dampening. Same with my Audi A4 that has the Bang & Olufsen audio set - that will get the same treatment next summer once Cali is back on the road.

Here's an example how I recently did the doors on my T5 Cali; ccw from the top left on attached photo:
1. door panel removed (l/h)
2. inner plate removed
3. first layer (Silent Coat 2mm aluminium reinforced butylmat) on the outer plate (r/h)
4. second layer (StP AeroFlex 6mm thick "foam") on the outer plate (r/h)
5. inner plate mounted & coated (StP Black Silver 1.8mm thick mat)
Can't wait to see - or rather hear - how this will affect the driving noise!

XSHR1990.JPG

Very thorough job

Based upon my T5.1 and now T6 sound proofing , I got a significant reduction in road noise.

Back