Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 options - Led lights.

Hi Owen. I have no idea if the LEDs are for dip, beam or both. Just noticed the LED text on the paperwork sent through when I asked for an update from the dealer. What I do know is that I enjoyed reading your contribution. Interesting stuff. Good man! :thumb
I don't know the reason why but German versions have LEDs as an option whilst UK versions have Xenons. Parkway VW in Leicester has a T6 Ocean. It definitely has Xenons - not LEDs - for both the dipped and main beams. The running lights (also used for sidelights) are LED. They are an outline around 3 sides of the headlamp units. They are very bright - probably as bright as the dipped beam on my Citroen ! The rear lights are also LEDs

I have Xenons on my Mazda and love them so have ordered them for my T6. I don't believe the low angled dipped beam is a significant issue for on-coming drivers (I don't get flashed unless I dip late) but the spread of the beam gives much better visibility of the verges and kerbs - that can only be better for safety in my eyes.

Running through german site configurator I am surprised how different options are even compared to our neighboring Czech dealers.
There are lots of options you can take partially. Like just day running leds. Aluminum bottom protection etc.
I might end up going to Germany and buying there. For some reason they are 3-5% cheaper there and adding to that give 9% discount right away.

Sp0_0k, Swissian, Dmailer,

Thanks for your comments & input. It is appreciated. :thumb
Cheers

The T6 has a Xenons option - but it's expensive at £1,410 (Inc headlamp washers). Where did you see the LED option? I think that may have come from a translation of the German brochure. I don't think they are available in the UK - unless anyone knows different.

The Xenon option does include LED running lights and (I think) LED tail lights. I have Xenons on my car and they are fantastic so I have swallowed hard and included them on my order.
Just to avoid confusion as mentioned on other threads. November options now had lights as LED not Xenons. All change, well for now anyway :)