Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retrofittable options

Now have the new Cali and getting quotes for towbar. Trying to check that we actually did get towbar prep but cannot find sticker that says the codes. Looked under drivers seat as suggested on another thread but only sticker relating to type of seat. Any other places I should be looking? Also can you physically check the wiring. Local fitter seemed vague about factory pre prep and ' never heard of that before'. Anyone had a towbar retro fitted on their new ocean?

There should be a paper label stuck to the front of the drivers seat frame (the fixed frame the seat is bolted to) with all the build codes on it. This is a repeat of the one inside the service book.

Alan

Another retro fit option that should always be a factory order is the factory fit side awning. The brouchure price for a factory order is £396 incl VAT. This turns into £969 incl VAT for the same awning if you get the dealer to retro fit a new one later.

Another retro fit option that should always be a factory order is the factory fit side awning. The brouchure price for a factory order is £396 incl VAT. This turns into £969 incl VAT for the same awning if you get the dealer to retro fit a new one later.
Makes me happy I ordered it. Took advice from people on here that it can always go in the loft if not used.

Mike

I was surprised the awning wasn't standard but when we were offered a new Cali without one we snapped it up and I thought we would probably do without as I couldn't see too much benefit. However we have just been away and it was sunny and warm and we really missed having somewhere cooler to sit, so I've just order the Fiamma from Comfortz. The awning, the three walls to make a room, tie down kit and led rafter came to less than the price of the VW awning.

I was surprised the awning wasn't standard but when we were offered a new Cali without one we snapped it up and I thought we would probably do without as I couldn't see too much benefit. However we have just been away and it was sunny and warm and we really missed having somewhere cooler to sit, so I've just order the Fiamma from Comfortz. The awning, the three walls to make a room, tie down kit and led rafter came to less than the price of the VW awning.
The awning makes all the difference and IMO should be standard on the Cali if only to enable you to spot another one coming towards you. Seriously, we only got around to using ours properly recently and it is just great. Having a picnic under the awning is a lovely experience especially if you have the sides to create a wind break or complete porch. We have the Comforz awning sides and I cannot speak highly enough of them. When fitted (which is easy), it creates a great little annex to either cook and eat in and/or dump your stuff in to free up space inside the Cali. They are a superb way of keeping out of direct sunlight or drizzle and at the brouchure price are not expensive.
I too am surprised that they are not fitted as standard and they are almost impossible to find second hand, hence my having to pay a King's ransom to have one fitted recently.

Back