Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T7 Spyshots.

Makes the GC600 look good!

Looks like transit has crashed into the back of a Smart car.

Just seen these shots supposedly of the upcoming
T7. Looks awful and a backwards step style wise. Looks like it will run alongside the T6.1 as more of an MPV. Thoughts anyone.

I think it looks lovely ..

but then, I used to drive an Austin Princess, affectionally known as the land crab :shocked

but then, I used to drive an Austin Princess, affectionally known as the land crab :shocked
I think it had other nicknames too like the cheese wedge. My Dad acquired one from an elderly relative. Racing green with lovely beige 80s velour interior.

I thought the Land Crab was the Austin 1800/2200 range that preceded the princess…

Never seen a new post gather so many media miles! It looks fantastic (at keeping the T5 /T6 values high)!

Never seen a new post gather so many media miles! It looks fantastic (at keeping the T5 /T6 values high)!
Wouldn't be the first time VW Group have faux pas'ed. The Porsche 996 following the 993 is a classic example. I hope resale values for T6's follow the same trend.

I thought the Land Crab was the Austin 1800/2200 range that preceded the princess…

Same genre. BL released the most confusing load of crap that sought to explain how the Morris badged variant was different to the Austin badged variant and better than those was the Wolsely based variant but nothing like the vandan plas based variant which all became academic when Michael Edwards took over and called the facelift the Ambassador.

They all had the same thing in common though, leaks. Hydraulic fluid, power steering fluid, engine oil, brake fluid, and if what was put in leaked out so the windscreen bonding would ensure that what was to be kept out came in.

Last edited:
My understanding is that it is to be a dedicated MPV. That is it's a replacement for the Multivan and not the Transporter (load carrying van). IMHO the T7 would not make a base vehicle for a Campervan. Not tall enough...just need to look at a Marco Polo to see how compromised a California based on a T7 would be.

My understanding is that it is to be a dedicated MPV. That is it's a replacement for the Multivan and not the Transporter (load carrying van). IMHO the T7 would not make a base vehicle for a Campervan. Not tall enough...just need to look at a Marco Polo to see how compromised a California based on a T7 would be.
As others have said, it’s the Multivan, not a replacement for the T6.1.

Basically a replacement Sharan that they’ve tried to make more appealing by giving it the T moniker.

The replacement for the T6.1 commercial vehicle will be developed by Ford and I wonder if this will also be released with a California variant along side the ID Buzz California which has been confirmed already.

Maybe the Ford / VW version will be called the Calinugget?

Excellent review of the T7 and where it stands in relation to the ID Buzz and T6.1 Transporter.
Reminds me of my 06 Renault Scenic, Is this the comeback of the MPV.

Excellent review of the T7 and where it stands in relation to the ID Buzz and T6.1 Transporter.
Reminds me of my 06 Renault Scenic, Is this the comeback of the MPV.
Love the design of that centre console with the tables.

As others have said, it’s the Multivan, not a replacement for the T6.1.

Basically a replacement Sharan that they’ve tried to make more appealing by giving it the T moniker.

The replacement for the T6.1 commercial vehicle will be developed by Ford and I wonder if this will also be released with a California variant along side the ID Buzz California which has been confirmed already.

Maybe the Ford / VW version will be called the Calinugget?
Odd to call it a T7.
The Multivan feels too similar to the Buzz to me, and released in the same year. I wonder why they didn’t put all their eggs in the electric Buzz basket and make sure the LWB was available at launch.

Last edited:
It's the grill on the front I don't get it reminds me of chicken wire and looks cheap.

It's the grill on the front I don't get it reminds me of chicken wire and looks cheap.
But most EVs are like that as they don’t have radiators or inter coolers etc.