Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Table in 7 seat format

M

maui2512

Guest User
Hi -quick daft question...can you still have the table up in the van with all 7 seats in ? So, could we have the 2 middle seats turned around facing the back and have all 5 of us sat around the table using the middle seats rather than the front seats?
thanks!

Not much room for that - the middle seats go where the table clips onto the rail.

You might just about manage it but I don't think it would be very comfortable to use if you could at all.

Just a guess - haven't tried to do it.

You'd more than likely be able to place the table with all four legs extended over the top of one of the seats. Of course it'd then be loose but your statement about front seats spun suggest you're talking parked. I've only got a sixth seat though so haven't actually tried this.

Matt

thanks both for your comments!
Hmm, I'd kind of hoped we'd be able to sit in the van and have lunch when parked up when out for a day trip etc, but don't want to be taking the spare seats out all the time...okay, that's good to know!
:thanks

What about this:

Collapse the two middle seats and attach the table with the legs folded up to the metal bracket below the window. Then fashion a couple of pieces from some polystyrene blocks or similar to support the table level on the backs of the folded seats. That way the table will be semi-rigid because it's attached to the wall, and level because it's supported from below. Not very 'factory-fitted' I know but arguably easier than shifting two seats in and out.

Of course if a drink (6 and 4 year old vimto addicts in our house) goes over, one or both of the middle seats get it.

Matt

Back