Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6/7 seat Beach and table

D

drbob

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if you can use the included table attached to the inside of a Beach and have the middle row seats in (facing backwards)?
I can't work out if the table can go back far enough on the sidewall to allow a rear facing middle seat to 'sit' at it.
Many thanks
Andy

Sorry for slow response - just seen the post.

I don't think so - the table really goes where the middle row of seats are.

I'll try and test the theory for you. I suspect , if you have the rear seat as far back as it will go (maybe removing multiboard), then it may be possible.

Thanks for the replies guys.
A very kind dealer has actually tried it out for me (picture enclosed).
From this picture it is obviously not entirely workable with the bench in its current position(!) but I know the bench can go back considerably from its current position (we have a Caravelle at present) and I think it would probably work.
As you say, the multiflex board would probably have to be removed but that wouldn't be an issue for us in 7 seat mode.
BW
Andy

DSCN4922.jpg

You can use the table in 7 seat mode with the middle 2 facing backwards. The bench can go further back than shown in the picture in previous post.

Yup, if you drop the front flap of the multi flex, the bench will go back another 6 inches. Guess that's why it's called a multi flex!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk