Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Taken the plunge and ordered our first Cali

Abx

Abx

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Well after building our own camper over 5 years ago and having an amazing time travelling the UK and Europe it just felt the right time to move on to something else, and today we finally made that move.

Was originally planning to buy a T6 Cali around an 18 or 19 plate but with the inflated used prices at the moment it made more sense to stretch ourselves and go brand new for not a huge amount more. What also pushed us was that our old van whilst secondhand the whole camper part was brand new, and the used Cali’s we’ve seen were in far worse condition for about double the money.

So now we have an Ocean on order and hopefully will be here in late March or April, unless we have a no deal which may change things up!

Anyway looking forward to joining the club, and here is a pic of our old camper, which was just brilliant and cost us pretty much zero in depreciation over 5 years and 40k miles, partly due to the fact we did the conversion ourselves, was a very sad day when she sold.

2E02E623-1293-43EF-A46F-F96656CC8D81.jpeg

Nice story lovely old van. Me, never owned a camper just 3 weeks experience in a van or motor home but feel our lives will be fuller and more worthwhile with the adventures that a Cali ocean will provide. My pile of pre delivery buys is getting bigger in my garage.

Well after building our own camper over 5 years ago and having an amazing time travelling the UK and Europe it just felt the right time to move on to something else, and today we finally made that move.

Was originally planning to buy a T6 Cali around an 18 or 19 plate but with the inflated used prices at the moment it made more sense to stretch ourselves and go brand new for not a huge amount more. What also pushed us was that our old van whilst secondhand the whole camper part was brand new, and the used Cali’s we’ve seen were in far worse condition for about double the money.

So now we have an Ocean on order and hopefully will be here in late March or April, unless we have a no deal which may change things up!

Anyway looking forward to joining the club, and here is a pic of our old camper, which was just brilliant and cost us pretty much zero in depreciation over 5 years and 40k miles, partly due to the fact we did the conversion ourselves, was a very sad day when she sold.

View attachment 68439
Lovely looking van :)

Reactions: Abx
Lovely looking van :)

Thanks so much, buying and then building it was one of the best things we’ve done as a family, have had so many adventures in it with my wife and daughter, looking forward to many more in a Cali.

:welcome ABX

Having built your own camper and knowing your way around the previous van will stand you in good stead with the Cali. :cheers

you’ll be counting the sleeps and wishing the time away.

Reactions: Abx
:welcome ABX

Having built your own camper and knowing your way around the previous van will stand you in good stead with the Cali. :cheers

you’ll be counting the sleeps and wishing the time away.

Thanks, 5 months is a long long wait, I’m sure I’ll have a pile and purchases ready to fit when it arrives!