Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Taking paternity leave in Spain

J

Jonney

our second child was born in the summer and we thought it would be a great idea to use the new paternity rules where the father can share the mothers maternity time. So we decided to take the time off together and go on a long trip for 8 weeks with the kids.

We decided on doing a grand tour of Spain.

We are sailing to Bilboa this Sunday, we are heading strait down to Seville, where the weather looks good, then head eastwards along the bottom and up the east coast, then back to the nort coast toward Galicia, I am really looking forward to the his bit, it looks amazing.

Does anyone have any suggestions of must do things or places to visit? Having 2 very young children (2.5 year and 7 month old) we are going to try and avoid big cities and try to stay in small nice towns where the campsite is close by so you can walk into town or the beach.

Thanks
Jonney

Absolutely no help to offer on the trip.
However having worked in Scandinavia for 10 years and seeing first hand how the child care system works I think it's great. Hats off to you for doing this and taking the time to travel and create some family albums. You will never regret this time and your kid(s) will have the memories forever...

Have you got the ACSI discount card?
http://webshop.acsi.eu/en/campingca...qFobWiydR6fqILI9eWK43chH73g8vC7BkgaAgur8P8HAQ
It will save you a lot of money, but probably to late to buy one now.

Here are the campsites we have stayed at in Spain. Do check that they are open at this time of the year.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@37.4...4b1!4m2!6m1!1szCG1xNRlw3iI.k12_fk2sI05k?hl=en

Have a great time and please let us know how you get on.
For that amount of time it would be worth getting an asci card delivered to the UK and getting it sent out to a campsite to pick up. You might even be ale to get one sent straight there to an asci site? We saved at least 25% on some of our bookings.

Best of luck.
Our first child was born in January and I am also taking shared parental leave. My wife is off until June, then I am off from June to mid September. Good luck with the travels and a new born, it's hard work without all the travelling. I'm sure it will be awesome.