Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tax Disc Holders

jamesC

jamesC

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi, My SMG tax Disc Holder looks a bit....VW Van Centre... Has their/will their/should their be a forum tax disc holder??.... my suggestion would be to have the style with a credit card holder to store a few forum calling cards in!!

P.S. Did I mention that my company makes these, if the forum organisers, forum members were interested??

Just to bring this topic back into discussion, Martin and I have been working on a proposed design for the club tax disc holder, but wondered what interest their may be and also if we have a preference on colours.

The design is shown below as black printed on white, but other options for the background colour would be Black, Silver, light blue, dark blue, red or yellow.... and of course the print can be any colour.

The production run would be 500 per colour/design, and so we need to settle on something that will work with most vehicles.

The style of tax disc holder is also open to discussion, this one being the shield style with a pocket on the top part infacing so that perhaps you could store forum "calling cards" for when you see other Cali's out and about, but a short shield design, or even an "old skool" circular self-cling style might be preferred.

Awaiting your feedback......

M301 VWCC TDH.jpg

James said:
Think that looks really good, I'd be interested in that and in yellow if poss :)

James

500 in yellow for James.... no problem!! :D Anything is possible!!

Yes I am interested but definitely not in yellow as it will clash with my Large red Sea Kayak on the roof!

Put me down for one but as above NOT YELLOW !!!!!

Put me down for one. Prefer a neutral colour like Orange??? Just jesting

I'd suggest a dark blue, dark red or dark grey.

Have fun

Bob

I think if its got the club logo it should be the same colour blue :thumb

How about a neutral colour like white.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

How about a simple round one with the URL and club name round the edge, and the van picture on the back.

As for colour, I think blue. Yellow is great if you have a yellow van to suit, but kinda clashes with everything else.

Been looking for something and there only seems to be the alloy ones, which I've had in the past and get bored with them falling off.

I'd be up for one if you get it sorted.

I think the plan is to combine these with the poplular ' Cali Calling cards' so you can store half a dozen or so in the pocket behind the tax disc.

We have some more of these arriving ready for COTF.

calicards.jpg

Great idea ....saves looking for mine when it falls off. Selotaped at the moment, so will be good to get sorted . Neutral colour would be best ....leave that to the xperts

I know that some may think this a luddite philosophy ......... But I like to minimise the size and visual impact of my tax disc holders.

I have gone old school in my cars. If you go to grotty looking car spares shops they still sell loads of items that are made in Britain like proper Jubilee clips, not the nasty copies

They also sell made in England tax disc holders for about £1 and they come in really basic colours.

Plain black to blend with dashboard. The rim is clear to minimise visual impact. Lick to adhere. It stays put yet still comes off easily every year. Very hard to beat in my opinion. And it takes you back to your dad doing this in the 1970s

I absolutely despise the dealer fitted ones that use glue and took all dealer transfers off mine on day one and used solvent to get the glue off. Halfords only sell blingy ones and ones that use glue

The only thing better than this I have seen is a very thin stainless one sold by Audi, but this has the 4 rings on it. You put a hollow black circle on the screen that was magnetised, and the holder stuck to this. Very simple, very useable, very slim, unlikely to be seen and stolen by chavs

Circular self-cling is another option, but these have no info outfacing and have no facility to hold the "calling cards"

On a different note, I'm sure you'll be pleased to learn that if we go ahead with these, they will manufactured here in good 'ol blighty!!

I like the idea of a club tax disc holder. But not yellow please, I would like a blue one. Thanks.

Back