Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Teething Problems

B

Bob McGrath

bobbyboy
Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi

just purchased a T5 May 2014 SE TDi BMT Cali and would like some advice on the following ...

1 Should I contact the VW Main dealer (Shrewsbury) to notify them of the change in ownership and ensure they send all further correspondence especially concerning the recalling of the vehicle to correct the Van's emmisions to my home address

2.From what Date of manufacture is the roof corrosion a problem. Is it likely to affect my Cali (I have inspected the roof and both front and back and at the moment I cannot see any bubbling or blistering of paint.

3.The water tap has just popped out of the mounting. Can I re-connect this or do I have to replace the unit....and is this covered repair by the warrantee?

4. Has the problem with the seat covers been solved as it appears that the INKA covers do not fit T5 head rests

Bobbyboy

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
1.It would probably be a good idea to let VW know of the change in owner as you are still in warranty. I don't believe any T5 was affected by the Emissions problem.
For peace of mind you can check here. http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/emissionsinfo

2. As far as the Roof " Galvanic Corrosion " is concerned, they changed the alloy composition of the front section in Mid 2014, but there is still a possibility and the elevating Roof section is still possible. Don't be too concerned. Get the Dealer to check carefully close to the end of the warranty.

3. The water tap is a push fit, a pretty hard push. But it should be a warranty repair or more likely replacement. Get VW to do it.

4. Seat covers. Cannot help as I don't use them.

Have fun.

Hi and welcome , regarding the seat covers , the headrests have been changed ( got bigger) from a certain build date . This is not just a problem with Inka covers but all brands .
Don't know out of the blue from when on , but it is mentiont somewhere on the forum. One will give the answer pretty soon:thumb

Back