Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Temporary insurance when purchasing used van

zac

zac

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello again.

I’m looking for van insurance and I also believe tax, for if I potentially purchase my used Cali on Sunday.
I’m a bit oblivious as to what my options are, is there somewhere I can get temporary insurance until I’m home to sort it properly?
And I assume I also have to tax the vehicle before I drive away?

does anyone have any experience, knowledge or advice they could share pretty please?
:thumb

Can you not insure it before you collect? I picked up a van last minute on a Sunday which was fun as my insurer (Comfort) was closed. I ended up taking out a mainstream policy like Churchill and the cancelling on the Monday, as it was within the cooling off period I was only charged £25. You can tax the vehicle online instantly before you drive away, you’ll just need the details on the green slip.

Reactions: zac
I don’t know if I’m buying the vehicle. All depends what I see, so potentially I won’t be insuring it.

Various sites online an example

Or probably more applicable
ttps://www.tempcover.com/temporary-van-insurance/motorhome?template=new&utm_expid=.RHOvneaaSoCS6nsr_Qf5Jg.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

Must have current VED as no longer transferable from previous owner. Also MOT if applicable.

Looks like you can use the transfer of ownership slip to do the VED.

Last edited:
Reactions: zac
If you get your best quote sorted before you view, you'll be given a quote ID number that you can activate in 5 mins so long as their office will be open.

Back