Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thanks from West Sussex

magmil

magmil

VIP Member
Hey there

I'm not quite a beginner cos I've had my wonderful van for nearly a year now, but I've been so busy out and about (Dorset Steam Fair, wine along the Loire, puffins on Skomer etc.) that it's only now that I've gotten around to joining as a VIP member and thanking all those who put together such an informative site.

I bought my little beauty through the used Cali sales section, I hunted all the posts on sleeping happily (decided on 4 cm duvalays - really happy with them cos they're versatile, upstairs or down) and I've got a teeny bit of corrosion on the roof, I wouldn't have checked if it hadn't been for the alert sent out (I also have a stitching fault in the bellows fabric - but it's replaced when the roof is done).

I missed COTF cos I was abroad, so I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you guys in September in Cirencester. Are there any meets in the South East at all? is there a co-ordinator for this area? (not that I'm looking for a job...)

Well, I just wanted to introduce myself - if I've managed to get my profile and avatar to work it'll be a miracle - see you soon and :thanks

Hi there and welcome along I'm glad the forum has helped you to find your Cali
I look forward to meeting you in september :thumb

A welcoming wave also from West Sussex :hello

Hi GrannyJen. I hope our paths meet in the not too distant future. I'd like to go camping near Chichester Marina next week with a view to walking the canal up to town. Do you have any recommendations for sites in that area? If not I'll just take pot luck and see what happens. Apparently Dell Quay has a good pub too. Do you know it? Any thoughts appreciated.
Cheers
Maggie

Hi Maggie, we used to live near the Dell Quay Inn, it is a nice pub with great views over the harbour but it does suffer from a very small car park and I would not fancy leaving the Cali in there at peak times. Best time to visit is midweek out of school holidays.

As for campsites down that way, try Wicks Farm, nice clean site that only takes Campers and tents ( so no caravans :clap )

http://www.wicksfarm.co.uk/camp.htm

As with so many campsites now, many down that way are being taken over by statics !

magmil said:
Hi GrannyJen. I hope our paths meet in the not too distant future. I'd like to go camping near Chichester Marina next week with a view to walking the canal up to town. Do you have any recommendations for sites in that area? If not I'll just take pot luck and see what happens. Apparently Dell Quay has a good pub too. Do you know it? Any thoughts appreciated.
Cheers
Maggie

Hi Maggie,

I have never camped around Chichester, it is only a 20 minute train ride for me.

However I am sure we will meet :D

Jen

Ok Jen. I'm pretty local too - just looking for an overnight meeting place to catch up with my brother - even though he has a motorhome :lol:

Maggie

magmil said:
Ok Jen. I'm pretty local too - just looking for an overnight meeting place to catch up with my brother - even though he has a motorhome :lol:

Maggie

Chichester bypass - A27?

Just wait until Butlins at Bognor turns out and no need to park up.... just stop in the traffic jam and enjoy a nice evening. :D

Popped down the road to West Wittering for a walk and a beer. Stayed at Wicks Farm Holiday Park, highly recommended. Exceptionally clean and tidy, very friendly and professional staff. We were one of only 5 campervan/motor homes on site so it was pretty quiet.
In the summer months the traffic from the A27 down to West Wittering can be a nightmare and the beach car park pricey so to be able to camp and walk to the beach (about 30 minutes) is an attraction. And for Stones fans Keith Richards infamous house is just up the road. The Lamb Inn is a short walk away for decent beer and food.

Slindon is the place to be .... small, no noise and in the woods with views to the sea .... just don't tell anyone ;)

Hi Maggie, we used to live near the Dell Quay Inn, it is a nice pub with great views over the harbour but it does suffer from a very small car park and I would not fancy leaving the Cali in there at peak times. Best time to visit is midweek out of school holidays.

As for campsites down that way, try Wicks Farm, nice clean site that only takes Campers and tents ( so no caravans :clap )

http://www.wicksfarm.co.uk/camp.htm

As with so many campsites now, many down that way are being taken over by statics !
Hi from West Sussex also. 100% concur on Wicks Farm - nice campsite, was there last year. Agreed Dell Quay Inn is lovely but choose your day. Took my Cali down there in peak time almost never got out.... Hooray for parking sensors and 12-point turns!

Back