Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

That was quick...

C

Camper Mouse

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I placed my order for a new Ocean at the end of July, expecting a 6 month + wait, to make sure I got it for next spring. Had an email from the dealer to say it's already been built and could be with them in a couple of weeks.:)

I'm now in panic mode, as have taken the good advice from members on here not to buy anything until it arrives, so literally have nothing. What to get first? Seat covers, gas bottle and kettle I think, and obviously insurance . Then just the small matter of selling my golf. So much to do, so little time.......but I feel I can officially get excited now.

I think you've nailed the priorities, that's what I'll be doing (except for selling the golf because I'd have to acquire one first. No Camper mouse, I know what you are thinking).

Yes, don't worry about kitting it out because you can take stuff from your home to start with, that will give you a good idea of what you actually want to buy.

Congratulation! Great news. My first thoughts were about where to park it so I guess you alteady fixed that?
I would ask the dealer for the gas bottle? Aren‘t you giving the Golf to the dealer as a part of „payment“?

I placed my order for a new Ocean at the end of July, expecting a 6 month + wait, to make sure I got it for next spring. Had an email from the dealer to say it's already been built and could be with them in a couple of weeks.:)

I'm now in panic mode, as have taken the good advice from members on here not to buy anything until it arrives, so literally have nothing. What to get first? Seat covers, gas bottle and kettle I think, and obviously insurance . Then just the small matter of selling my golf. So much to do, so little time.......but I feel I can officially get excited now.
Shop around for camping gear as it is end of season and lots of bargains around.

Not a lot that you need.

If you intend sleeping downstairs then take it out with just a thick old duvet or similar to act as a topper and then judge just how thick and what quality of topper you need.

Gas bottle of course, pick one of those up filled online from gasbottlesdirect or pop down to your nearest camping shop.

Kettle, something to eat off and drink out of, bottle of milk in the fridge, tea bags, coffee, ... then pop off for a couple of nights to try everything out making a list as you go of what you really need as opposed to buying in advance what you think you will need, From experience the two never match up :D

Thanks for the great advice. I will definitely just take stuff from home to start with. Good tip about taking an old duvet.
Pick up of the new van is planned for this week!

.......And I collected today :happy

Less than 3 months from ordering, hoping for some good Autumn weather so I can go out to play.
I know the rules - pictures to follow.

Congratulations..