Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California is here and we love it!!

We just had the windows tinted. Looks so much better...

2E44B615-A3B1-49CC-83A0-2B449B38CC28.jpg

6c5014c3-16ac-4534-a322-c898c8cf2191.jpg
Why did you not get the rear windows tinted? They look a different darkness?

Excellent. Enjoy.

PS. re. your pic of the two tone (orange/white) Cali snapped at your supplying dealer. Maybe not a wrap. I see on the VW configurator two tone paint options available (£2,394). No orange/white shown for 2017 but was maybe available in 2016?
Hi, yeah I see they are now available but this was before they were available in this country I think. The dealer said he think it cost in the region of £1000 to wrap.

Why did you not get the rear windows tinted? They look a different darkness?
Yeah it's, as Jonathon said, because of the double glazed windows at the back. It looks worse when you take pictures of it.

Excellent. Enjoy.

PS. re. your pic of the two tone (orange/white) Cali snapped at your supplying dealer. Maybe not a wrap. I see on the VW configurator two tone paint options available (£2,394). No orange/white shown for 2017 but was maybe available in 2016?
Two Tone has only just become available. When I picked my Cali up on 1st March the salesman didn't know it was an option!!
Apparently you can have an Amorak pickup in Matt Black for the same extra cost, wonder when California Stealth version will be available.

We just had the windows tinted. Looks so much better...

6c5014c3-16ac-4534-a322-c898c8cf2191.jpg

Can I ask what level of tint you had installed? I'm booked in for tints next week, I think the options are 5% limo tint, 10% smoke tint, 20% factory-style tint, 44% VW California option tint.

I'm leaning towards 5% or 10%, to keep the inside cooler and private..... But wanted to know of others experience with the different options..... Cheers!

Can I ask what level of tint you had installed? I'm booked in for tints next week, I think the options are 5% limo tint, 10% smoke tint, 20% factory-style tint, 44% VW California option tint.

I'm leaning towards 5% or 10%, to keep the inside cooler and private..... But wanted to know of others experience with the different options..... Cheers!
I had a ceramic solar film tint. This doesn't show the difference in the double glazed rear windows like normal limo tint.
It gives a really good heat reduction from the suns direct rays.

not the best of photos to show.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/ocean-window-tint.17695/

Ours is 5% Limo tint and if I was picking again I'd order the same. It gives so much privacy and keeps the Cali considerably cooler in the sun too.