GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Thank you @Bigted for getting this statement

I've had a definitive responce now from the caravan club as follows -

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email regarding the VW California Beach campervans and drawing our attention to the discussion on the forum.

As you have correctly pointed out this outfit is indeed a campervan, and as advised by my colleague below ‘as long as the clear intended design and purpose of the vehicle is to provide leisure accommodation use during the course of a recreational touring holiday’, then there should not be any issues with this outfit being accepted on our sites.

Our guidelines around acceptable outfits were relaxed a couple of years ago, so please accept our apologies to anyone who has recently experienced issues gaining entry to site. We are aware of the incident mentioned on the forum, and have passed on your email to our Sites Operations team who will speak to the relevant wardens on site.

Once again, thanks for your email.

Kind regards

Nicola Alsbury
Membership Services- Administration Co-ordinator

Last edited:
And by way of an apology for a ruined holiday etc................... vouchers for a free stay? annual membership refunded?

Fantastic avatar.

May I ask where you got the windscreen cover from?

It's where I got mine from.....

and they do not tie down under the door mirrors so a complete PITA in strong winds, driving rain and a rocking Cali. In those cases give me comfortz silver screens.

Fantastic avatar.

Hello the company is called rainbow svreens
Fantastic avatar.

We got it from rainbow screens.... they are also on Facebook... they will do any colour and design... not cheap but really good quality

It's where I got mine from.....

and they do not tie down under the door mirrors so a complete PITA in strong winds, driving rain and a rocking Cali. In those cases give me comfortz silver screens.

PS: Mine were not from Rainbow screens so apologies to you :(

What's up with those miserable +$$@s in these caravan clubs? if your paying to stay what's it matter what your kipping in?we cali owners should be doing the moaning about screaming kids at 6 am running around my van and dogs yapping and howling like I'm in a pet hotel . then your showers going off unless I hold my hand on the button and then having a shave in the 1 mirror if any mirror over a sink full of pubes.also your crap shop charging 4 quid for some eggs and a loaf. then telling ME that I have to be quiet at 9pm at night. and not have a fire.or music.or a football.or guests or a sense of humour after I've trod in my 3rd dog turd in a day.making me park right next to a load of caravans and tents in a 5 acre field on a Tuesday night like your expecting 10 coaches on Wednesday. 1 place In York asked for my caravan club number. when I said I didn't have one they said they were shut for refurbishment. tossers

Last edited:
What's up with those miserable +$$@s in these caravan clubs? if your paying to stay what's it matter what your kipping in?we cali owners should be doing the moaning about screaming kids at 6 am running around my van and dogs yapping and howling like I'm in a pet hotel . then your showers going off unless I hold my hand on the button and then having a shave in the 1 mirror if any mirror over a sink full of pubes.also your crap shop charging 4 quid for some eggs and a loaf. then telling ME that I have to be quiet at 9pm at night. and not have a fire.or music.or a football.or guests or a sense of humour after I've trod in my 3rd dog turd in a day.making me park right next to a load of caravans and tents in a 5 acre field on a Tuesday night like your expecting 10 coaches on Wednesday. 1 place In York asked for my caravan club number. when I said I didn't have one they said they were shut for refurbishment. tossers
I think your answer is in the name. Caravan & Motorhome CLUB and Camping & Caravan CLUB.
Basically a Club run by its members for its members and the site Wardens enforce the Rules which are determined and voted on by the Members.

If you don't like their rules/regulations etc: then you had better avoid them.

Classic rant - chapeau FB, fabulous! :D

your right. I don't like them. I like them less when they try and whinge about a california not being good enough for their sites

site wardens. forgot about them hv jacket wearing jobsworths

I used to be a member of the Caravan Club until I was refused entry! In my membership I was never given an option to vote on what I wanted ? From what I can see they are now a large limited Company where their board of directors are paid in excess of £150k per year !!! So they are as much as a club as as Tesco is!

I would not touch them with a barge pole even if I decided to buy a caravan.

I used to be a member of the Caravan Club until I was refused entry! In my membership I was never given an option to vote on what I wanted ? From what I can see they are now a large limited Company where their board of directors are paid in excess of £150k per year !!! So they are as much as a club as as Tesco is!

I would not touch them with a barge pole even if I decided to buy a caravan.
I thought that the Executive Committee of the club were not paid a salary? I'd be interested to see where their salaries are published.

You've forgot to mention precise parking, rear offside, to the peg .....
I've never been given a vote either :(
No different to an increasing number of Commercial sites who have a concrete slab/paving stones or gravel to park on so ensuring the units are spaced out and to aid those who cannot seem to grasp the concept of considerate parking and you then have full use of the pitch area you have booked. All the Club sites I've been on just request that you park parallel to the road/pitch marker post line and presume you have the capability to do so.

As far as voting is concerned, just like in Parliament you vote for Local Area Representatives who sit on the Membership Committees.

In fact I'm glad these Clubs do have certain Standards. At least I know what to expect. I may not agree with all the rules but I've made the decision to join and so I will honour my contract with them.

Yes, they have their own definition of a Campervan/Motorhome and as it is a Club they can call the shots.
If you object to any of the rules/regulations then you can always write to head office and complain.:thumb

They are listed on companies house so you can get all the information there.

They are listed on companies house so you can get all the information there.
Cheers, I hadn't realised this data was now available on line. Unless I'm reading the accounts incorrectly, the committee are not paid a salary.

You've forgot to mention precise parking, rear offside, to the peg .....
If you ask nicely they let you park, front near side, but the views aren't as good!:thumb I use it as a parking challenge, a mini auto trial. If I demolish the peg ... Fail.

If you don't like their rules/regulations etc: then you had better avoid them.

Agree with above, I have found on Caravan & Motorhome Club sites meet my needs when I want a level / standard of facilities ie good clean toilet and shower block -van service points - safe power -water points - fire points etc. You know what you are going to get. Never had and issue with which way around to park and have always been able to pick pitch. If we want a field without all the above we go that way.

Membership and site use is a choice if it is not for you opt out.

Expect the HV jackets worn by warden is part of site RA as are some of the other rules

If correct it is the Beach that seems to fall foul of the CMC definition. I filled in the app for their sites and it required fitted permanent items including cooker, basin etc. Visited one of the sites and no issue and no questions. Maybe lucky up here as wardens always seem friendly. There is always the CCC sites as alternatives.

I've not had a problem on CC sites with regards to which way round I park etc.
I have seen issues on CCC sites though with people being told off for not parking "properly" and being forced to move despite being set up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back