Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Beach is Back!

Try the same exercise on a different computer if you can. If the above is the case, you might get an increase?
That won't work - the registration number is a bit of a give away.

Hook up inc on Beach Camper

View attachment 69300
But not available on UK models apparently... if you find out otherwise let me know.
I think it’s time to start a new thread on options definitively available for the Beach Camper and Tour in the UK...

This may help; post 4.

But not available on UK models apparently... if you find out otherwise let me know.
I think it’s time to start a new thread on options definitively available for the Beach Camper and Tour in the UK...
The online configurator doesn't mention hook up or show it on the external photos, but the words in the latest downloadable brochure clearly state 240v hook up for vehicle charging for Camper models only.

That is the UK brochure Alison.
Gives a lot more information. Good to see the full camper control panel is included.

The online configurator doesn't mention hook up or show it on the external photos, but the words in the latest downloadable brochure clearly state 240v hook up for vehicle charging for Camper models only.
=====From the Brochure=====
Camping equipment (continued)
Pull-out awning with housing and rail in Black (Camper models only)
Tent adapter and rail in Black (Tour models only)
230V inverter with socket on driver’s seat
230V external inlet with charging feature for vehicle batteries (Camper models only)
=====/From the brochure=====
Only the camper has an awning and external hookup.
Both have inverters.

I wonder if the reason for the Tour not having electric hook up is a problem running 240v over or under the second sliding door.

=====From the Brochure=====
Camping equipment (continued)
Pull-out awning with housing and rail in Black (Camper models only)
Tent adapter and rail in Black (Tour models only)
230V inverter with socket on driver’s seat
230V external inlet with charging feature for vehicle batteries (Camper models only)
=====/From the brochure=====
Only the camper has an awning and external hookup.
Both have inverters.

I wonder if the reason for the Tour not having electric hook up is a problem running 240v over or under the second sliding door.
More likely VW only have the 1 position for the EHU socket, Rear N/S {RHD vehicles}. This would be fouled by the R side sliding door on the Beach Tour.

Mind you an easy retrofit with many creative positions for the EHU socket as seen in the Transporter forums. Under the bonnet, under the bumper, or hidden below the rear lights etc:.

A few things to also note:

It seems that the Art Velour fabric is not available on the Beach Camper.
No digital dash.
No Premium Sat Nav. Not bothered but does looks much nicer.
Basic Van dash. No inlays. Shame.

No digital dash.
That's because VW UK see it as the basic model unfortunately
In Europe you can get 4motion versions and many more options

Call me a Luddite if you wish but in time, not having the digital dash could come to be seen as a good thing. If one of those things goes wrong it's my guess that it won't be possible to fix it. The mind boggles as to the cost of a replacement.

Have had a wonderful 5 years with my beach and glad to see it back. The pop out kitchen is wonderful and depending on what mine is worth I may be tempted. When VW stopped supplying to UK I was baffled.

Last edited:
Been looking at the new beach camper on be configurator and couldn’t see the grape yellow???
Does anyone know if they are still doing the beach in the trademark colour.

No digital dash.
Strange isn’t it, that VW would rather refuse your cash?

I’ve been told today that VW are probably making the Art Velours available on the Beach Camper.

Problem I’ve now got is that with the spec I fancy, an Ocean is approx 3.5 grand more but with more standard kit. Having 3 kids, I’ve never considered an Ocean but as my eldest is nearly 15, he now sleeps outside in a tent whenever we’re away. If the Beach was 2 grand cheaper it would be an easier decision!

Problem I’ve now got is that with the spec I fancy, an Ocean is approx 3.5 grand more but with more standard kit
That must make the Coast cheaper than your spec of Beach?

That must make the Coast cheaper than your spec of Beach?
A standard Coast is a lot cheaper but a Coast to the same spec as the Beach I’m after would be around 2k more.
Its only about 1.5 grand between the Coast and the Ocean when I add my wish list!

One thing I have wondered...
Does the Beach now come with Power latching to boot and side door? No mention of these 2 on options list now but didn’t see them on standard equipment either.

Does anyone know what the Coast has?

Last edited:
One thing i have wondered...
Does the Beach now cone with Power latching to boot and side door? No mention of these 2 on options list now but didn’t see them on standard equipment either.

We could not find power latching in the configurator for the Beach Camper when I was in speccing mine last week.

One thing i have wondered...
Does the Beach now cone with Power latching to boot and side door? No mention of these 2 on options list now but didn’t see them on standard equipment either.

I think coast has power latching for boot but not side door and unfortunately no option to add. Believe ocean has both.

I think coast has power latching for boot but not side door and unfortunately no option to add. Believe ocean has both.

I’ve since noticed in the new brochure that it states the Ocean has the side latching door is standard. No mention of it elsewhere.

I’ve since noticed in the new brochure that it states the Ocean has the side latching door is standard. No mention of it elsewhere.
If you bring up the configuration on vw vans for a specific model there is at the top above the pic ‘Show standard equipment’ which brings up a very detailed long list which may be useful. Things will be scored through on this list as you add options which replace them. Also handy for me was the ‘technical data‘ tab in this same option which updates the vehicle weight/payload based on options selected.

If you bring up the configuration on vw vans for a specific model there is at the top above the pic ‘Show standard equipment’ which brings up a very detailed long list which may be useful. Things will be scored through on this list as you add options which replace them. Also handy for me was the ‘technical data‘ tab in this same option which updates the vehicle weight/payload based on options selected.
Very helpful. Do you know what a 17 inch chassis is? To do with brake/wheel size?

Looked through that but couldn’t see anything regarding the power assisted doors on the Beach

Back