Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Beach is Back!

This has honestly annoyed me all day, as I said would of been today. Has made me look a little foolish, when I’m back in on Thursday I hope to give you guys an update!
We appreciate you doing your upmost to keep us up to date. Thank you.

Appears to be showing up on the configurator in the UK now

Starts with the Beach Camper from £53,395.00!

Woohoo!

first question, there appears to be a fair few discrepancies between whats on the configuration and whats on DTD - is that because DTD is wrong?

Just back from my dealer. Spec all sorted. Very excited :pinkbanana :bananadance2
What discount did you get out of interest? Can you share you spec? :):)

I managed to spec one up to 73807 on the configurator . Couldn't get the 18" wheels to be added on though, I think that could push it to 75k!

Spill the beans, full run down required so we can all have our two penneth worth, congrats :cheers
Of course, in due course. Too busy sharing the news with my chum who’ll be sleeping up top, and having a celebratory vino ;)

£60 for a safety vest ! Is it a stab vest ?
£60 for a heavy duty Jack (that’s a bit strong)

A couple of things to be aware of. The optional hook up does not appear in the UK spec. Nor, all the colour options. Also power latching door and tail gate do not appear as options (maybe standard? but dealer could not find).
The 3 seat bench IS available in the Camper version (was not clear from earlier info).
No options on upholstery, dash board, interior.

£60 for a safety vest ! Is it a stab vest ?
£60 for a heavy duty Jack (that’s a bit strong)
I think the safety vest comes with first aid kit and emergency triangle. But still I’m not going to either of those options as will be inaccessible when I have the dog crates in. So will buy my own first aid kit, vest and triangle and store somewhere more accessible.

There was the Option of fake leather in black on the tour.
The popup kitchen does not appear to be an option.
240v connection not available on either
Tour doesn't include an awning as standard
Tour appears to be registered as a car Camper as Motor Caravan so different VED?

Low discount could be for seller to accomodate any tax changes due to brexit

A couple of things to be aware of. The optional hook up does not appear in the UK spec. Nor, all the colour options. Also power latching door and tail gate do not appear as options (maybe standard? but dealer could not find).
The 3 seat bench IS available in the Camper version (was not clear from earlier info).
No options on upholstery, dash board, interior.
Presumably no lesuire battery under passenger seat, no three pin socket and no additional 12v sockets in the rear ?

Presumably no lesuire battery under passenger seat, no three pin socket and no additional 12v sockets in the rear ?
Good question. I can see if we can check. But the info given is pretty sparse...
I’m ordering as gives more funtctionality, flexibility (and assumed retained value) than the over specced Kombi I ordered in July to replace my Ocean. So maybe I haven’t looked at some details others would as my requirements are different.
I can try and get more info though.

The
There was the Option of fake leather in black on the tour.
The popup kitchen does not appear to be an option.
240v connection not available on either
Tour doesn't include an awning as standard
Tour appears to be registered as a car Camper as Motor Caravan so different VED?

Low discount could be for seller to accomodate any tax changes due to brexit
The pop out kitchen is standard on the Beach Camper.

More Beach Information is now on the VW website. Doesn't look like we’ll know a more detailed spec until the brochure arrives. And we wont know the exact spec until the first Beaches arrive in the country!!

There should be a 3-pin socket on the side of the driver's seat. Think this is standard across the 6.1 range i.e. even on the base Transporter.

The

The pop out kitchen is standard on the Beach Camper.
Doesn't mention it anywhere in the spec that I could see? - I take that back. Doesn't mention it in the spec but does in the headline text.

There is one 75AH 2nd battery fitted to both models.

You don't - original T5.1 beach didn't have an external connection either.

You don't - original T5.1 beach didn't have an external connection either.
But why do VW insist the leisure bats are charged on hook up, when they state that driving does not charge sufficiently with the AGM bat ?

Back