Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Cali Ordering Curve

MichaelB

MichaelB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
So you may have heard of the change curve. It was based on some research done on people with terminal illness and suggests when faced with a serious change you go through 4 stages Denial, Anger, Exploring Acceptance.

I think there may be a similar curve for ordering a Cali. I have gone through Excitement (at ordering), Panic (when the cost sinks in), Thoughtful (as have endless fun planning trip, looking at accessories and making notes of all the top tip you can find on the forum). I am now at Manic (the stage when delivery is close and you are desperate for any titbit of information that indicates your new pride and joy is a step closer). I am looking forward to Elation (the stage where you pick your new beauty up from your dealer)

I remember this feeling of Manic from the first time and have been looking at the MarineTraffic website for any sign of a ship leaving Emden for Grimsby for days now.

Is it just me or are there others that follow this similar curve? If there are any fellow Build Week 35s out there in a similar state then you have my best wishes. The wait will be over soon.

I'm still in panic , but only signed on the line 18 days, 6 hours, 23 mins ago... oh am I counting ?

Might be an idea to keep yourself amused with obtaining insurance quotes if you do not have this already sorted. They all have different ts & cs which take some time to sift through and decide on the things which are significant for you.

I think your curve is pretty accurate for me (past experiences as I have not yet bought my Cali).
This year though, with the introduction of the extra road tax there is also a 'what if' reflection period about perhaps getting an almost new one or taking the plunge way earlier. :rage Closely associated with panic period I suppose.

Might be an idea to keep yourself amused with obtaining insurance quotes if you do not have this already sorted. They all have different ts & cs which take some time to sift through and decide on the things which are significant for you.
My initial insurance company demanded I had a tracker fitted. mega expensive and they only work to tell you its been stolen before they are disabled.... VW insurance was my next port of call and they do not demand a tracker. But are more expensive than adrian flux.... what a jungle.

My initial insurance company demanded I had a tracker fitted. mega expensive and they only work to tell you its been stolen before they are disabled.... VW insurance was my next port of call and they do not demand a tracker. But are more expensive than adrian flux.... what a jungle.
I called vw for a quote 3 days ago. Was told they have "no "coasts" registered so what other name is it? Is it a Beach Coast or an Ocean Coast"?
Ended up with safeguard.

Back