Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Modifications to your Cali Thread

Just found this.
Actually doesn't look very good at all on the later vans :talktothehand

First mod complete this weekend...

These are a tad to big. But it was the smallest the company make.
Might be useful for some extra storage.

I do like that could I ask you where you got them from thanks in advance.

I do like that could I ask you where you got them from thanks in advance.

Will try and get them fitted next week. See how they look :thumb

Might be good to store books, high vis jackets, first aid box. General bits and bobs to keep the van organised

Just catching up on an old post.
Still haven’t lowered yet. But decided on the B14s.
My warranty runs out in April, so will look at fitting in the NY.

Spotted another T6 with B14s and wheels spacers.
Just the look I’m after

9392EB00-4EDB-489E-8140-A8E67FA9512F.jpeg

Were they 10mm spacers?
That picture reminds me I need to fit my mud flaps :thumb

Just the look I’m after

View attachment 49396
Good on you buddy after all it’s your van and should look how you want it to look,,I have have a few sets of b14s on California’s and they are fantastic just keep them on the top adjustment and see how you like it...here’s our last California on 20s and b14s,our new California will be on eibach coil overs just to keep the warranty in check otherwise it would be b14s all the way...pic attached....before and after 20sfitted

CAEA3DFB-0376-4100-AB9A-C7E12A306967.jpeg

E7A31502-3544-45C4-B85E-6C4358A6E70C.jpeg

Last edited:
Aren't there some new eibach adjustable coilovers that come out this year? Are they VW warranty covered?

Yeah that’s what I’m going for pre pdi but there quite hard to get as there back order

It would be good if there was a back to back comparison for them against the b14s.

It would be good if there was a back to back comparison for them against the b14s.
Alpen has just had some eibach coilovers fitted to his 30yrs Cali hoping he will let us know how they are after a few miles

Hi there,

I lowered 30mm and had HD antiroll bars fitted both via VW
Front spoiler painted & fitted
Rear spoiler candy white already colour coded fitted
Side bars fitted
BBS SX's View attachment 4312018” wheels and Goodyear tyres
Split colour

Recently had the bonnet and bumper clear wrapped for stone chips, you would never know.

Lowering and wheels make a big difference to appearance but also help on the role on cornering, main reason for HD ARB”s and lowering.

The photo was taken on collection

Hope that’s helpful
Lovely van what’s the bottom colour please?

Were they 10mm spacers?
That picture reminds me I need to fit my mud flaps :thumb

He was running 30mm rears and 20mm front.
Looks great.

Good on you buddy after all it’s your van and should look how you want it to look,,I have have a few sets of b14s on California’s and they are fantastic just keep them on the top adjustment and see how you like it...here’s our last California on 20s and b14s,our new California will be on eibach coil overs just to keep the warranty in check otherwise it would be b14s all the way...pic attached....before and after 20sfitted

View attachment 49398

View attachment 49399

Jay, great to hear more positive feedback on the coil overs.
Lowered my T4 and first T5 and never had an issue.
I think the T6 really needs something doing. It’s probably the worst standard ride I can remember in the T range.

Mk2 Sportslines, always liked this wheel. Bugger to clean.

View attachment 43118

View attachment 43119
That's always my first thought with alloy wheels. How easy are they going to be to clean? Personally, I think the standard Devonports come out on top in that respect. The more complex designs might look great when new but who really wants to spent all their time on their hands and knees removing brake dust from a million different crevises?

That's always my first thought with alloy wheels. How easy are they going to be to clean? Personally, I think the standard Devonports come out on top in that respect. The more complex designs might look great when new but who really wants to spent all their time on their hands and knees removing brake dust from a million different crevises?
Went for these wheels in the end as kept 17" with bigger tyre option range than 18" or over wheels, 7.5" width suits 235 tyres better than 7" and tyre protects the rim from kerbing. Winter rating paint finish plus a massive 1320kgs load rating , Oh! and easy to clean.

20190816_111211[1].jpg

Just the look I’m after

View attachment 49396
You may or may not know that B14's are a shorter strut than the standard one as they are to suit lowered springs. From memory (not always 100%) i think that they lower the ride by 25mm plus any spring lowering action.

After buying my 2015 VW beach which had sportline lowering springs and vw 18inch wheels, I decided to go for the bilstein coilovers b14’s (lowered 40mm ish I think) and went for 19inch wolfrace (fully load rated) wheels keeping the same rolling diameters as the VW sportline factory alloys.
I found the ride quality was far better than the VW lowering springs, no crashing or banging as before.
Just as an addition, I upgraded the front brakes to sportline disc’s and callipers to improve braking as we tend to fully load the Cali on trips with our 2 kids.
Added some pics to give you an idea.

79462D5B-6F78-4FB1-B41D-9D5DA005FCAB.jpeg

DF3575E6-45CE-4BE3-A133-BF7C91B0C97E.jpeg

5F35F86F-4493-468C-9F8A-654F47AC93C9.jpeg

Looks great.
The b14s are really good quality had a few sets now .
You’re getting a lot better quality springs and dampers than the standard vw commercial ones....
the ride is a whole different experience im sure you agree

The Calipers look great, did you paint them or is that how they come...?
I’m out of warranty in the NY, so will look at my options. I just can’t decide wether to keep the van or change.
Biggest stumbling block for me is the new T6.1, don’t like the styling...

Really don’t like the front end.
Total disaster, if you ask me...