Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The - what you've discovered about your van thread.

Looks very nice @andyinluton, a tad jealous as mine appears to be stuck in build at the moment.
Waiting a month has been bad enough, I don't know how you cope?

Its got to go back for the towbar - no electrics anywhere in the UK.

Frustrating isn’t it, you feel you are so close having waited months (years in your case!) then it falters at the last hurdle.
Not years just yet, hit 20mths though! Westfalia have started building it but when it’s due who knows.
Are you jumping over to GC?

This item Andy will drive you nuts,
The most annoying and frustrating is the window sealing silicon leaching on to the black vinyl and pain work leaving marks in the paintwork that is difficult to remove. VWCC are not interested in resolving the issue. Disgusting.
This may help thread

Back to what have you discovered:

The T6.1 Ocean cali cup holders that don't fit in the rail very well are an absolutely perfect fit for a GC!

Now taking this to the next step- in the rear door of the GC you get what once would have been called a "Beach" version of the outside table, that has two fold out tabs designed to go into the same rail as the cupholders & then only needs the legs at the other end of the table to be used.

Has anyone tried the outside table inside yet? do the legs get in the way, or have VW actually given us the smaller table that everyone is asking for?

I cant try mine yet as the van is wedged into a space where I cant get the back doors open.

IMG_4191.jpeg

The T6.1 Ocean cali cup holders that don't fit in the rail very well are an absolutely perfect fit for a GC!

Now taking this to the next step- in the rear door of the GC you get what once would have been called a "Beach" version of the outside table, that has two fold out tabs designed to go into the same rail as the cupholders & then only needs the legs at the other end of the table to be used.

Has anyone tried the outside table inside yet? do the legs get in the way, or have VW actually given us the smaller table that everyone is asking for?

I cant try mine yet as the van is wedged into a space where I cant get the back doors open.

View attachment 89564
I tried that in my joker, didn’t work as not enough room for both front legs.
I leave up a small table all the time 300x500 lots have done the same with GC.

I tried that in my joker, didn’t work as not enough room for both front legs.
I leave up a small table all the time 300x500 lots have done the same with GC.

It just happens that I have a spare "beach" table ( they have longer legs than Ocean Ones & the extra Clips) which I bought specifically to use inside our Ocean as the folding table was a bit small for 4.

I am quite happy to butcher it & move the legs if needed to make it work.
It already has a couple of screw heads showing on the top. I feel a project coming on.....

It just happens that I have a spare "beach" table ( they have longer legs than Ocean Ones & the extra Clips) which I bought specifically to use inside our Ocean as the folding table was a bit small for 4.

I am quite happy to butcher it & move the legs if needed to make it work.
It already has a couple of screw heads showing on the top. I feel a project coming on.....
I’ve bought one too, will be going in the sliding door as that’s where the massive inside table is on a joker and the Cali one fits perfect there.
All these vans seem to have stupid size inside tables
There’s a big section on table for GC and there’s a 3d bracket you maybe interested in.
Jester of socalledbob can point you in the right direction if you need it.

I’ve bought one too, will be going in the sliding door as that’s where the massive inside table is on a joker and the Cali one fits perfect there.
All these vans seem to have stupid size inside tables
There’s a big section on table for GC and there’s a 3d bracket you maybe interested in.
Jester of socalledbob can point you in the right direction if you need it.

The benefit of the beach one is that its lightweight & the van already has a secure holder for it on the backdoors. I will have a play around at the weekend.

Never taken my table out of the door on my beach! Nice to know it’s there though. Maybe this year….

Few thoughts / recommendations / learnings…

1) Get a Bluetooth battery monitor to get a better handle on SOC, draw, etc. … the inferred SOC on the control panel is very misleading.
2) carry a spare water pump, and the tools to replace it.
3) the gas lasts MUCH longer than you’d think!
4) grease / silicon the rear shower hose fitting, or risk a flood (as happened to me!)
5) download the full truma error code list and keep offline on mobile phone / be aware of the reset procedure
6) lithium pack with an inverter powerful enough to feed “mains” to the van can get you out of problems!

View attachment 89564
yep and doesn't fit in the rail

You sure about that? It could do with a notch out of the bit by the door pillar to move it towards the front of the van. It fits & it’s steady& secure with just the one leg down.74D66DEA-F8C9-469A-A46F-7003BEF4B61B.jpeg

It’s amost as if it was designed to fit, I can’t think why else they’ve supplied the table from the beach with it’s longer legs & rail fixings. Rather than the ocean one which is a better height for using with the chairs.

E63B1714-95CC-4939-B5E2-09FB901CADE1.jpeg

It’s amost as if it was designed to fit, I can’t think why else they’ve supplied the table from the beach with it’s longer legs & rail fixings. Rather than the ocean one which is a better height for using with the chairs.

View attachment 89665
Thanks Andy your on it already will try tomorrow.

View attachment 89665
I tried this when first got van and the leg isn’t long enough to make the table level also found it a bit wobbly. I looked at getting an extended screw for the adjustable leg but decided would make even more unstable.. Have you extended leg or maybe they have changed table?

It’s perfectly level, but I do have the vw carpet which is quite thick.

Back