Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

600 House Panel Humming

S

ShiYuMeng

Guest User
I just received my new 600 and noticed a humming on the house display panel. I have contacted the dealer and he said he would get back to me. Does anyone else notice a humming when you put your ear near the panel? When I turn off the red isolator switch (which kills the power to the panel), the humming goes away. I am wondering if the panel has a bad capacitor. Thanks for your help.

I just received my new 600 and noticed a humming on the house display panel. I have contacted the dealer and he said he would get back to me. Does anyone else notice a humming when you put your ear near the panel? When I turn off the red isolator switch (which kills the power to the panel), the humming goes away. I am wondering if the panel has a bad capacitor. Thanks for your help.
Yes I get that on my 680, its like a high pitched oscillating hum! Only just got the van so don't know if it's going to annoy me yet. Be interested what conclusions your dealer comes to.

Yes I get that on my 680, its like a high pitched oscillating hum! Only just got the van so don't know if it's going to annoy me yet. Be interested what conclusions your dealer comes to.
may not be helpful but its not common. so a dealer issue.

may not be helpful but its not common. so a dealer issue.
It's not a loud noise, but noticeable when close. I'll see how it goes and may be contact the dealer at some point.
Just out of interest did your GC come with a shower head wall mount? I just noticed mines not got one, but I thought they did come with one.

I gather on a 600 they include a shower mount but not on 680. Something to do with less height. Have seen people make a diy mount they clamps to the metal bars of the shelf. All a rubbish really. If it’s big enough for a shower it should be big enough for a shower mount!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gather on a 600 they include a shower mount but not on 680. Something to do with less height. Have seen people make a diy mount they clamps to the metal bars of the shelf. All a rubbish really. If it’s big enough for a shower it should be big enough for a shower mount!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's interesting, thanks.
It would definitely fit for the majority of people, but may be they thought because it had to be slightly lower on the 680 it would put taller people off if they stood in it in the demo van at trade shows.

It's not a loud noise, but noticeable when close. I'll see how it goes and may be contact the dealer at some point.
Just out of interest did your GC come with a shower head wall mount? I just noticed mines not got one, but I thought they did come with one.
The 600 comes with one, however the 680 doesn't. Thought there would be room to fit one, will see if the MY2021 comes with one in March, fingers crossed.

The 600 comes with one, however the 680 doesn't. Thought there would be room to fit one, will see if the MY2021 comes with one in March, fingers crossed.
Ours is a MY2021 and it’s a no

So do they expect you to hold the shower head while showing?
How daft.
I know Westfalia do a sucker mount with there outdoor shower
Maybe you could purchase one?

I'm sure I've seen a GC with a factory one fitted somewhere on youtube so it must have been the 600.

Did you ever get to the bottom of the humming noise coming from your control panel? Mine is with VW now and after them contacting hq in Germany they have decided to replace the control panel. Mine was making that high pitch noise and then certain buttons like camping mode stopped responding.

Did you ever get to the bottom of the humming noise coming from your control panel? Mine is with VW now and after them contacting hq in Germany they have decided to replace the control panel. Mine was making that high pitch noise and then certain buttons like camping mode stopped responding.
Hi Simon, I believe there was some thing like this on the German forum, turned out the connecting socket was not pushed in all the way. Think from memory it is the control unit under the passenger seat.

Good luck anyway, do let us know.

Will

Hi Simon, I believe there was some thing like this on the German forum, turned out the connecting socket was not pushed in all the way. Think from memory it is the control unit under the passenger seat.

Good luck anyway, do let us know.

Will
Hi Will,
They phoned me today to tell me it’s all done, so whether they replaced the unit or found the loose connector under the seat, I’ll find out tomorrow. It hasn’t been in very long so doubt they’d have had time to order the control panel and fit it already, but you never know.

Hi Will,
They phoned me today to tell me it’s all done, so whether they replaced the unit or found the loose connector under the seat, I’ll find out tomorrow. It hasn’t been in very long so doubt they’d have had time to order the control panel and fit it already, but you never know.
Hi Simon, would be intresting to hear what the problem was.

Hi Simon, would be intresting to hear what the problem was.
Just been down to pick up the van and the guy said they had replaced the control panel so must have just been unlucky and got a faulty unit. Anyway it’s great to have my van back on the drive even though we can’t use it yet.

Just been down to pick up the van and the guy said they had replaced the control panel so must have just been unlucky and got a faulty unit. Anyway it’s great to have my van back on the drive even though we can’t use it yet.
Pleased it’s sorted and back on the drive, you can always tinker.

Back