Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thermal blinds

Muchos04

Muchos04

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi there, I have blackout blinds on my T5. Is it advisable to also get thermal blinds to position behind the blackout blinds?

Thanks
Dave mi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave.
Have the same question. Some threads say just get the windscreen set but there is a choice of internal or external. It's all a bit confusing but I was thinking external for front and internal for the rest.
We intend to do a lot of winter stop overs and already have a cali topper for the pop top but the issue of thermal blinds - v - condensation seems to be the biggest issue.
Wonder what others on the forum would recommend as a full set isn't cheap

I had a T6 Cali and bought the brandrup ones (the thicker ones) for cab and habitation area.
I think they are so good I am not selling until I see if they fit my new Kombi.

I had a T6 Cali and bought the brandrup ones (the thicker ones) for cab and habitation area.
I think they are so good I am not selling until I see if they fit my new Kombi.
Alison.
Thank you for replying. Did you buy the extreme or the standard isolite ones? They are what I am looking at but not sure if external or internal for the cab.
Also any problems with condensation?
Gb

Alison.
Thank you for replying. Did you buy the extreme or the standard isolite ones? They are what I am looking at but not sure if external or internal for the cab.
Also any problems with condensation?
Gb
I went for extreme all round. I am NE Scotland and camping in cold weather.
Yes I’ve had problems with condensation. I had topper and internal liner - so needed to make sure some zips were open.
Also had front window VW equivalent of dubflectas. And the slatted ones that can be put in front two windows.
With all that condensation internally was reduced. But never eliminated. I put that down to camping with dogs.

Alison. Thank you very helpful I have the slated vents already so at least half way there lol

Ventilate and user the built in Parking Heater. No Condensation. Just vary heater output as required. That's what the long distance HGV drivers do in Scandinavia during the winter.

Back