Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

They wont extend my warranty

Victor

Victor

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I have a Cali that is five years old this year, after the third year we took out a warranty with Warranty Direct for peace of mind but I have since found out that they will not cover me any more as the venhicle is now five years old, do they know something I don't? I am assuming this is where things start to go wrong !!

Just to add, I have not made any claims at all and the van has only done 44k

I think you have answered your own question. They are in it for your premium, not your claim.

I'm not convinced with any 3rd party warranties. Just pay the premium in to a savings account instead!
I think you have answered your own question. They are in it for your premium, not your claim.
I would totally agree in almost every circumstance, BUT, given the uncertainty about the early 180's, if I had one of those (as does the OP) and I could get a VW warranty that would cover it, then I might make an exception.
As they seem unwilling to accept there might be a problem, or help owners work out how to prevent problems, they would be unlikely to penalise those vans by jacking up the cost of warranties.
I did follow the link to the VW warranties and see it refers to 'sudden' mechanical failures....which may be a way of saying that bore wear / obscene oil consumption may be excluded :(

I'm not convinced with any 3rd party warranties. Just pay the premium in to a savings account instead!

Yep, exactly what I do.
My vehicle is now 4 years old, but as I was fortunate enough to buy it out right I have some money set aside in-case the worst happens.

I set up a standing order into an ISA account, so I know every month money is going in, to cover any breakdown costs or to purchase another vehicle when I need one.

We have a Warranty Direct warranty on our 2010 California and just extended for another two years. No problems at all.

We have a Warranty Direct warranty on our 2010 California and just extended for another two years. No problems at all.
That is strange, how many miles have you done? Also, I found out they do not cover anything in the kitchen area ie fridge, aux heater etc..

That's correct, we didn't expect them to cover those bits, we took the warranty to cover the mechanicals, same as if it were a car or van.

We've done 33,000 miles.

Back