Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This week I've bought '________' for my Cali

Just booked with SMG for cambelt and water pump, 30mm lowering springs and Sportline front valance.

@MarkVw2017 Here’s the indel B tb18 fridge between the seats. Realistically to drive we’d pull it back in to the passenger compartment as shown to access the handbrake and then push it towards the front when set up at site. That clears the armrests to open the lid. That’s a 2l bottle of coke.

49041EE9-A3A1-4218-B84A-6916FDB16774.jpeg

47E7C325-3ED3-4827-A276-EB2240E4D014.jpeg

7C7C89E9-B566-4F41-9A90-DCD4BF7EAEA1.jpeg

BA0022AB-CCF2-4899-B38C-3FAC707B6BC4.jpeg

64D4AC1B-9434-4B18-BE01-BB6E639F6DA4.jpeg

Fantastic, I didn't know these could be bought.
Did the charger come with the tooth brush or will it work for any Oral B toothbrush? Where didmyou buy it? I bought a sonic toothbrush with a usb charger from boots when they were half price. It's great for when the Oral B one runs out.
Phillips do one with travel case charger straight to usb. It’s a bit expensive but got to have a electric tooth brush, battery lasts way longer that oral b ones too700A200B-6FE3-4F37-A816-9D82035E591C.jpeg

Phillips do one with travel case charger straight to usb. It’s a bit expensive but got to have a electric tooth brush, battery lasts way longer that oral b ones tooView attachment 44095
Very nice. I have since found out that there are usb oral toothbrush chargers available. Thank you so much for the tip off.

Well, I’ve had a very thoughtful and productive couple of days, with 2 trips to our local IKEA.

Trying to emulate Aubergine’s Sunnersta arrangement above the kitchen windows with some 3d printed hooks didn’t turn out as I’d hoped, so it was time to return the IKEA items I no longer needed and start thinking “outside the box”.

This is what I’ve come up with:

All the items (except the thermos flasks (we use them for left over hot water when a kettle’s boiled), the connecting washers & bolts and the roll hangers) are Ikea items:
  • Skadis pegboards & accessories
  • Sunnersta boxes
  • Vareria box
The kitchen roll holder is made from 2 tops from Innocent juice bottles and a shoelace. The toilet/nose blow roll is just on a piece of cord.

The boxes will be removed for travelling but I think the peg boards are secure enough to stay connected to the back of the seat. They’re held with the Skadis bungees (at the armrests and around the headrest).

When we’re camped, the passenger seat stays front facing as that’s were our dog sleeps (he’s a Dorgi - corgi/daschund cross, so only small). The box between the seats is a “Really Useful Box” that fits perfectly and great for storing odds things that you don’t want out. The piece of carpet on top is to make it easier for the dog to use it as a step to his bed.

Here’s my setup, but there are lots of possible configurations:0C04A37A-94CA-4934-A132-B4633530E641.jpeg

The peg boards are connected so the top of the lower, narrow pegboard sits in front of & higher than the bottom of the wider top one. They’re connected by nuts and bolts, with a washer between the boards allowing the Vareria box (for knives & utensils) and the smaller Sunnersta box to fit over the top of the narrow board (the “lips” going down into the gap between the 2 boards).

The net bag, for fruit, is from an Ikea 2 piece set called Kungsfors. The flip top bin was from Home Bargains.

Note: At first I had the upper pegboard centrally positioned over the narrow lower one. But it interfered with the positioning of the ladder to get up top. For the ladder to fit I had to offset the upper board, which has worked out better anyway.

I’m well chuffed with myself and my new storage station. No need for an over the window solution now.

Last edited:
Ikea table runner is the exact length of the kitchen tops (from wardrobe to end of sink). Picked up an ex-display one half price for £2. Love a bargain! I got grey, but lots of other colours.

Kitchen stuff for van:

Well, I’ve had a very thoughtful and productive couple of days, with 2 trips to our local IKEA.

Trying to emulate Aubergine’s Sunnersta arrangement above the kitchen windows with some 3d printed hooks didn’t turn out as I’d hoped, so it was time to return the IKEA items I no longer needed and start thinking “outside the box”.

This is what I’ve come up with:

All the items (except the thermos flasks (we use them for left over hot water when a kettle’s boiled), the connecting washers & bolts and the roll hangers) are Ikea items:
  • Skadis pegboards & accessories
  • Sunnersta boxes
  • Vareria box
The kitchen roll holder is made from 2 tops from Innocent juice bottles and a shoelace. The toilet/nose blow roll is just on a piece of cord.

The boxes will be removed for travelling but I think the peg boards are secure enough to stay connected to the back of the seat. They’re held with the Skadis bungees (at the armrests and around the headrest).

When we’re camped, the passenger seat stays front facing as that’s were our dog sleeps (he’s a Dorgi - corgi/daschund cross, so only small). The box between the seats is a “Really Useful Box” that fits perfectly and great for storing odds things that you don’t want out. The piece of carpet on top is to make it easier for the dog to use it as a step to his bed.

Here’s my setup, but there are lots of possible configurations:View attachment 44101

The peg boards are connected so the top of the lower, narrow pegboard sits in front of & higher than the bottom of the wider top one. They’re connected by nuts and bolts, with a washer between the boards allowing the Vareria box (for knives & utensils) and the smaller Sunnersta box to fit over the top of the narrow board (the “lips” going down into the gap between the 2 boards).

The net bag, for fruit, is from an Ikea 2 piece set called Kungsfors. The flip top bin was from Home Bargains.

Note: At first I had the upper pegboard centrally positioned over the narrow lower one. But it interfered with the positioning of the ladder to get up top. For the ladder to fit I had to offset the upper board, which has worked out better anyway.

I’m well chuffed with myself and my new storage station. No need for an over the window solution now.
Woke up this morning after dreaming that I couldn’t use the seat belt with the pegboard in place :shocked. Sorted it today. It can be moved and secured (so no need to stow away) very easily and quickly. A bonus is that all the attachments fit in the flip top bin that can be stored under the shelf in the back of the van when travelling. Very handy to leave the loo/nose blowing roll out, especially for days out with the grandkids.

51670106-97B8-4CEF-B099-AB8B23868D37.jpeg

Just ordered the Maxxcamp Mosquito Net for sliding door and Tailgate. Think it will be needed for our first European tour of Holland, Belgium and France at the end of July.:bananadance2

Should say thanks to Hotel California for his post that put me on to them.
Cheers

Just ordered the Maxxcamp Mosquito Net for sliding door and Tailgate. Think it will be needed for our first European tour of Holland, Belgium and France at the end of July.:bananadance2

Should say thanks to Hotel California for his post that put me on to them.
Cheers
Got the sliding door net from maxcamp - very good quality and ease of use. Folds compactly to store in rear door chair pockets.

I fitted the solar panel that I picked up from Roger yesterday

i-nwQZfmG-L.jpg

Then I sat in the van for longer than I should have watching the "free" electricity flow and feeling smug.

i-mTgSZF9-L.png
At what cost and was it easy to fit?

thank you

Got the sliding door net from maxcamp - very good quality and ease of use. Folds compactly to store in rear door chair pockets.

I've been looking at that one also, seems like a really good one. Easy to install and nice to use with the magnets. Does it say anything about sizing/measurements on the package? I'm thinking of building my own, and using that one as an example. Not so much to save cost, but more to give myself a new project ;-)

Takes seconds to fit snugly and as an added bonus it allows the sliding door to close when in position. There are no measurements given on packaging.

Takes seconds to fit snugly and as an added bonus it allows the sliding door to close when in position. There are no measurements given on packaging.
Expensive though at 135 euros.

Yeah, I would agree it's expensive. And probably rather easy to diy although itmight take some time. I had the brandrup one in our T4, which was great but sometimes a bit of a pain to pas through to go in and out.

Yeah, that'll be my plan too, when I get around to it I'll buy some mesh/netting and do-it-myself. But will defenitely look at the maxxcamp one for inspiration as I believe its one of the nicest ones.

Yeah, that'll be my plan too, when I get around to it I'll buy some mesh/netting and do-it-myself. But will defenitely look at the maxxcamp one for inspiration as I believe its one of the nicest ones.
Me too. I think just sewing a few small magnets along the edge and there you have it.

That would really be very kind of you. If you'd get the chance to measure it, brilliant!

Back