Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thought we had a good one!

Unfortunately both + DPF are needed
Yikes, T4s are going to be shooting up in value! (except people will die as I drive past them, and there won't be many places I'm allowed....)

Last edited:
That sucks! Falls into line with a great deal I've been reading on here recently. Makes me even more determined to not use the Cali for the short journeys around town. Like you say though hardly much use as a general run around.
Glad to hear you got a good service from VW.
Let us know what they say after they've had a proper look.
I was under the impression you got some sort of DPF warning, presumably not

Mike
Hello Mike,
The problem was traced to an Intake Manifold Vacuum unit which was duly replaced and now hopefully all is well.
Apparently this is a virtually unheard of failure - typical!
Had a good chat with the service people and they were adamant this failure had nothing to do with the way the van is used i.e. Short runs etc. Indeed they had no problem with that kind of driving with the current engine.
Best regards

Hello Mike,
The problem was traced to an Intake Manifold Vacuum unit which was duly replaced and now hopefully all is well.
Had a good chat with the service people and they were adamant this failure had nothing to do with the way the van is used i.e. Short runs etc. Indeed they had no problem with that kind of driving with the current engine.
Best regards
Excellent news Vincent. Great they could get it fixed so easily.

I shall still avoid the short trips when possible though as motivates me to get on my bike.

Mike

Hello Mike,
Best regards

Great news. Thank you for reporting back :)

Back