Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tinting front door windows.

Pete M

Pete M

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Has anyone tinted the front door windows, can you recommend anyone to do it?

I think you'll find the front windows have as much tint as legally allowed in the UK. Any darker and you risk being stopped by the police. Even clear glass has a "tint" as it only allows about 85-90% of light to pass through.

https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules
No reputable company will tint the front windows for this very reason. They would be liable if they modified your vehicle in such a way as to make it illegal.

I've just had a reply from Primo Tint saying the same, I just need to find images of max legal tint now!

I've just had a reply from Primo Tint saying the same, I just need to find images of max legal tint now!
Take your van to primo tint or probably any tinting company, they should have a light meter to measure the tint that's there already.

Not sure you can go any darker than standard. I definately would not even if legal.
Have had all habitation windows tinted on top of vw privacy, cant see in unless face against glass. I find it too dark. May have it re done a tad lighter.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

had my front windows done on a T4 with electric windows. Sometimes windows would close ok, other times they would close then open again as though something was trapped in window. the other problem was grit or dirt on inside of window and scoring/marking the film.
Never had it done since.

Back