Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tips wanted for Cali owner with thumb arthritis....

Zebedee

Zebedee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Anyone had experience of living with this and still enjoying your Cali. If so what adjustments did you make? What was difficult. Solo camper here and still a youngster (well mid 50's.) I was diagnosed with severe thumb joint degeneration after only having a swollen thumb for about a week, thought I'd sprained it camping in Zebedee. Now wearing a splint. I take it off to drive.

Anyone know if it effects insurance?

I currently drive a manual and it's my left thumb!
Thanks......

Zebedee's mum

Anyone had experience of living with this and still enjoying your Cali. If so what adjustments did you make? What was difficult. Solo camper here and still a youngster (well mid 50's.) I was diagnosed with severe thumb joint degeneration after only having a swollen thumb for about a week, thought I'd sprained it camping in Zebedee. Now wearing a splint. I take it off to drive.

Anyone know if it effects insurance?

I currently drive a manual and it's my left thumb!
Thanks......

Zebedee's mum

Hi Julia, not my thumbs but my fingers. I bought a stretch steering wheel cover from Halfords to give me extra grip on the steering wheel and it works quite well. I am DSG though so do not have to suffer the agonies of gear change. I also use cooking utensils and cutlery inside the van that have bigger handles, mostly OXO good grip stuff, but also my cutting knife and bread knife I have padded the handles to give me extra grip.

It sounds horrible for you :( So painful. My thoughts are with you xx

Thanks GJ. Only got told on Thursday.....my job is very full on physically so not sure of the implications for that....although that is probably the cause!

Judith

Back