Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
What a sad day, spaced out triangles now :(

Link

Caused by Brexit?

Will this start a new trend? Cali's with one gas burner, single bed, 3 cylinders, smaller fridge. Non swivelling seats even! :D

Just saw it today on a newssite.....pretty shameless they are doing this

The chocolate loses weight and the consumer put's it on :shocked

Bummer!:sad

What a sad day, spaced out triangles now :(

Link

Caused by Brexit?

Will this start a new trend? Cali's with one gas burner, single bed, 3 cylinders, smaller fridge. Non swivelling seats even! :D
They have been up this malarky for years since long before we joined the EU. When I was a lad a Mars bar was the size of a house brick and wagon wheels weren't called that by accident.

They have been up this malarky for years since long before we joined the EU. When I was a lad a Mars bar was the size of a house brick and wagon wheels weren't called that by accident.
The Mars bars that we could buy in the school tuck shop for 10p were the size of the supersize ones they sell now. Bought one of those with my 15p school dinner money and I would be 5p up for the day. That was back in 1977 though. :Nailbiting

The Mars bars that we could buy in the school tuck shop for 10p were the size of the supersize ones they sell now.

.. or your hands were smaller ;-). A standard Mars bar in 1980 weighed 49g. Today it's 51g, although they were bigger during the 90's. Youtube have quite a few old chocolate bar ads - this one from the 1960's for instance:

Mars1960s.png

All together now :

The government of São Tomé and Príncipe ruined that song for me. Half time at a football match they tied two poor souls to some posts, played "those were the days my friend" and brought out an army firing squad. You can guess the rest, not the spectacle I had planned for my day off.

It has been going on for years, especially as the price of chocolate has risen. Usually when they do some "10% extra free" deal on chocolate is an indicator thats it going to shrink after. When it goes back to normal they shave a little more off.

The company say its not brexit related but they havent made the change anywhere but the UK reportedly which seems odd if its general costs as they claim.

Toblerone is owned by Kraft, or whatever they call themselves these days. The same company that bought Cadburys, after a bitter fight during which they promised to keep the Keynsham factory opened and no job losses at Bournville.

They reneged on both promises almost immediately the ink was dry on the sale contract.

The company say its not brexit related but they havent made the change anywhere but the UK reportedly which seems odd if its general costs as they claim.

The change is everywhere. It was in the news here in DK today as well ;-)

Its a bargain (NOT) – buy less for the same price. Due to higher cost on raw chocolate, they wanted to keep the price, so they (Mondelez International) needed to lover content. Strange decision on such a iconic product.

400 g is now 360 g, 170 g is 150 g … but the packaging is the same.

First world problems ;-)

The other ploy of the manufacturer is to use less chocolate by adding stuff (sugary bits n bobs or biscuit bits) to add bulk.

Back