Toilet in the Cali coming?

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I noticed a couple of new options in the German "Konfigurator".
1 statischer Sitz mit Längsverstellung und integrierter Toilette, in der zweiten Sitzreihe - 693,15 €
2 statische Sitze mit integrierter Toilette, in der zweiten Sitzreihe 1.392,30 €​
Either 1 or 2 non swivel seats with integrated toilets for the middle row.

I'm not surprised that VW are introducing these into the Cali, it is an obvious shortcoming of the vehicle that there is no bathroom, but what does surprise me is there is an option to buy two, side by side, for the middle row of a three seat bench Beach! I can think of nothing less romantic than my wife and I dumping in synchronised harmony.

As well as not swivelling, these seats have no underseat storage. Instead there is some sort of soil cartridge that can be removed and the contents disposed. The chemicals for the flush are kept in the seat's back. I wonder if this new option for the Cali will become known as a "poop top" seat?

Almost certainly an error in the configurator tool. Even VW aren't stupid enough to think you'd need two. I'm sure it will be rectified before the day is out !!

I'd check the date of the press release @DM ... ;)

My mum who is from a very rural area waxes lyrical about the double dunny they had as children in the 30's. Reckoned it was very sociable. I might ask her about the degree of separation tho.

My mum who is from a very rural area waxes lyrical about the double dunny they had as children in the 30's. Reckoned it was very sociable. I might ask her about the degree of separation tho.
Communal arrangements are very common in non-westernised cities in China. Privacy is afforded by a low panel which reaches to about mid-chest level. So all it would r allyneed is a strategically placed cushion :embarrased.

My mother had a similar experience with double dunnies when she was evacuated to a farm during the war. Using the labourers' outside not-so-privies, she had an option of side by side or back to back defecating.

Of course, the Romans had a whole row of them at Housesteads in Northern England.

Last edited:
Huh, what did the Romans ever do for us?

I noticed a couple of new options in the German "Konfigurator".
1 statischer Sitz mit Längsverstellung und integrierter Toilette, in der zweiten Sitzreihe - 693,15 €
2 statische Sitze mit integrierter Toilette, in der zweiten Sitzreihe 1.392,30 €​
Either 1 or 2 non swivel seats with integrated toilets for the middle row.

I'm not surprised that VW are introducing these into the Cali, it is an obvious shortcoming of the vehicle that there is no bathroom, but what does surprise me is there is an option to buy two, side by side, for the middle row of a three seat bench Beach! I can think of nothing less romantic than my wife and I dumping in synchronised harmony.

As well as not swivelling, these seats have no underseat storage. Instead there is some sort of soil cartridge that can be removed and the contents disposed. The chemicals for the flush are kept in the seat's back. I wonder if this new option for the Cali will become known as a "poop top" seat?
ABS, SRS, BAS, ACC and now this, the latest in a long line of automotive accessory acronyms, CRAPS (California Recline and Poop Seats).

These sound just the ticket for my new Cali hire venture, Incontinental Tours. :thumb

Last edited:
Back