Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Top 10 accessories you won't find in the catalog

What’s not in the catalog!..

Grew up in a splity & Bedford Doremobile in the 60’s and never stopped apart from 11yrs 88-99 to bring the first batch up, here I am 67 need to starting counting toes for countries I have lived in and still going, so being a practical pragmatic person some would say obsessed including my wife, here goes.

High-lift jack bolted under the front seats
6m 8mm chain, with end hooks
2x 1m chain with hook & shortener, for winching with high lift
Various shackles
2x 5t straps
2x ratchet straps
4t double lift bottle jack, from an IVECO Daily, best part of a Daily
Truck size tyre lever
½” impact wrench, rechargeable
½” 2-speed drill, rechargeable
12v charger for above
12v compressor
¼” socket set
3/8” socket set
½” socket set
Tool box too much stuff to list, weights 50kg
Torque wrench 300Nm
8x8x6” wooden jacking block
4x assorted boxes of nuts, bolts, connectors etc etc
Fuel filter
Serpentine belt
Bulbs, lots
8m heavy jumper leads
Hose clips
Thermostat
Duct tape
Zip ties, 3 sizes
Old XP computer for VCDS full version
Etc, etc

And there’s still space for all the normal stuff, potti, table, chairs, pots & pans etc, food for min 1 week, BBQ, tarp, extra 30lt water, 10lt diesel, clothing, boots, etc etc & 2 bikes on the back.

Just us 2 it’s 2,700 kg with the 2 big daughters it’s a bit over GVW at 2,900 kg.

We never empty it completely, empty tanks no food or personal clobber some tools out, weigh’d recently 2,500 kg, it’s our only vehical and will soon be off somewhere soon we hope...

Lots of people find me insane in dragging all my items around all year ("All geared..."). Well, they exaggerate, I only have essentials... ;-). Really don't want to drop one of them. Some are very simple small interventions, but they make me happy on a daily base. So let's put it differently, the first 10 things I would get in a new van again would be :

10. My tailgate slide out table. Always covered, always horizontal
View attachment 58248
9. The Limo glass tinting. No more stress for hiding valuables out of view, no more stress of not knowing what's happening at night with the screens down.
View attachment 58447
8. The folding tripod relax chairs. Perfect fit for the boot, perfect fit for whatever bumpy field, perfect fit for the beer.
View attachment 58250
7. The Brandrup mosquito net. Its full mesh (without 'doors' in the middle) makes that it's nearly invisible from inside. Permanently stored at the C-pilar, so without disturbing folds.
View attachment 58243
6. My kitchen cutting boards. Very useful and flexible working surface for when the table is already filled.
View attachment 58247
5. My stool/container/coffee table/luggable-loo/...: allows to sit properly at the table, or drop loose items into, etc etc...
View attachment 58249
4. The Ikea kitchen rail. For whatever.
View attachment 58242
3. My orange filters in front of the 4 cabin side spotlights. Ultra-cosy late night. The bright white one in the middle goes only on for working.
View attachment 58246
2. My neck-rest cushions. Really-relax driving.
View attachment 58244
1. My slide-in i-phone charger. No cables, and out of view.
View attachment 58251

Now for the top 20, there's still the folding boxes, the coat hanger at the chair, the Brandrup chair pockets, the Fiama leveling ramps, the tire grip mats,...
I know, I know,... ;-)
I think you have great kit!

Undoubtedly our Quechua Base Seconds shelter. Play tent for the kids, place to store car seats, place to chuck everything when going off for the day, rain shelter when you go to Brittany and place to put horrid Porta Potti during pandemic. Cost about 70 quid and takes two minutes to put up and five to take down.
08D22BAB-5A3C-4E0C-8E0A-EBFF3437E47F.jpeg

Undoubtedly our Quechua Base Seconds shelter. Play tent for the kids, place to store car seats, place to chuck everything when going off for the day, rain shelter when you go to Brittany and place to put horrid Porta Potti during pandemic. Cost about 70 quid and takes two minutes to put up and five to take down.
View attachment 65134
I agree they're great. One of the craziest things for Decathlon to discontinue.... they go for strong money on ebay now!!

View attachment 65134
Totally agree, I have one too. Your £70 price tag may raise some envious looks. Since Decathlon stopped making them the 2nd hand price shot up and £70 is a huge bargain !

Totally agree, I have one too. Your £70 price tag may raise some envious looks. Since Decathlon stopped making them the 2nd hand price shot up and £70 is a huge bargain !
And to think I got ours for £39 in one of their sales :thumb

Back