Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Topper & Screen cover

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Topper and windscreen cover in action at the weekend.
Very pleased with both especially the screen cover. We also have the interior Brandrup one but find it fiddly to put on and get a lot of condensation inside the screen with it. No problems with Nick's one.

P1160006small_zpsd8dc0271.jpg

P1160008small_zpsedb8dbeb.jpg

P1150822small_zps0a9bcbcc.jpg

yes, does look good, I'm looking for something like that myself just not sure which one to go for as there are quite a few to choose from. i'm after a screen cover too, again a fair amount of choice. I'm planning a trip to the alps over Christmas and i thing the insulated covers are going to be a must have.

Ian

Give me a call Ian if you decide to take the pluge - I'm sure i'll be able to sort you a deal out for both - Brian will vouch for that :thumb

Cheers
Nick

Yes they are easy to fit I can manage on my own and I'm a little short arse :laugh2 there is one just for the beach :thumb

Hi

Looking at topper and screen cover for our New Beach just can't decide....

Topper with or without windows??

Black out screen or Thermal screen??

HELP.... :D

Cheers

Shaun

Had a chat with Nick before he went on holiday and I'm going to go for the topper without windows, if its that cold or windy I won't need to look outside and the thermal cover. Even though I have roofbars I won't go for the topless topper as I can't see me using roofbars that much outside summer.

Andy

bournemouthbeach said:
Hi

Cheers

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I just thought I'd add "my ten pence worth" as the saying goes! :D
With or without windows? - We sell 10-1 windows over no windows but I guess it’s down to preference really - without windows keeps the roof area darker and perhaps young children asleep longer and obviously with the windows you can take a peek out if needs be and unzip the Cali windows to let some light in.

Screen cover - It depends how you're going to use the Cali - if it’s just a summer thing then the black-out screen is great for privacy and is fitted to the Cali very quickly – it also can be packed down very small!
The thermal screen is great for keeping the baking sun out in the summer and also the condensation down on the front windows if you're camping in the winter.
Obviously both can be used to keep frost and ice off of the windscreen :thumb

Hope this summary helps a little.

Cheers
Nick

comfortz said:
bournemouthbeach said:
Hi

Cheers

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I just thought I'd add "my ten pence worth" as the saying goes! :D
With or without windows? - We sell 10-1 windows over no windows but I guess it’s down to preference really - without windows keeps the roof area darker and perhaps young children asleep longer and obviously with the windows you can take a peek out if needs be and unzip the Cali windows to let some light in.

Screen cover - It depends how you're going to use the Cali - if it’s just a summer thing then the black-out screen is great for privacy and is fitted to the Cali very quickly – it also can be packed down very small!
The thermal screen is great for keeping the baking sun out in the summer and also the condensation down on the front windows if you're camping in the winter.
Obviously both can be used to keep frost and ice off of the windscreen :thumb

Hope this summary helps a little.

Cheers
Nick

Afternoon Nick

Thanks for reply.

Does the black out screen also help with condensation?? With the windows/no windows are the windows same material as rest of topper just clear?? don't want the rain still hitting the roof if that makes sense... :D

Cheers

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I'd say the privacy blind wouldn't really help with the condensation, the windows in the topper are made from clear PVC - the same as caravan awnings, tents etc.

Cheers Nick

We got our Cali in December so one of the first things we ordered was a topper and thermal windscreen cover. First trip away was in January and we experienced -2C temperatures on the Saturday night - not a problem with the topper and screen cover - we were nice and warm (didn't have the heating on overnight as didn't realise it would get that cold). Quick blast of heating in the morning and we were toasty. No condensation on windscreen either! Would thoroughly recommend both of these products. Excellent service from Nick as well. :thumb

Linda & Andy (Andy80f)

:thanks

Topper & Screen.JPG

Re: Topper & Screen cover

Nice one Linda & Andy ... Glad you loving the Cali and using those 2 great products that comfortz makes ....:)
I love topper as well .. You using the lightweight one ?

choplee said:
Nice one Linda & Andy ... Glad you loving the Cali and using those 2 great products that comfortz makes ....:)
I love topper as well .. You using the lightweight one ?

Yes, the lightweight one. Easy to put on as well for novices like us :lol:

Evening all...

Today we ordered our Cali Topper and Thermal screen from Nick very helpful and he kindly did us a deal for both....

Looking forward to using... :D

Thanks again Nick... :thanks

Cheers

Shaun

bournemouthbeach said:
Evening all...

Today we ordered our Cali Topper and Thermal screen from Nick very helpful and he kindly did us a deal for both....

Cheers

Shaun

nice one shaun ....good to get in there early with the accessories ,so your all ready and you never know when your needing them :thumb

bournemouthbeach said:
Evening all...

Cheers

Shaun

I also ordered Topper and Thermal Screen cover from Nick today :D

Andy

I ordered my topper and thermal screen cover earlier this week.
Nick said he would need to make one for the Beach as he had none left in stock. He said he would try to get it in the post on Friday.

He went one better and got it to my door for Friday.

Thanks a lot Nick. We are now very tempted to try them out over half term.

I wouldn't be without the topper or thermal screen cover having experienced camping both with & without them. The condensation problem is completely eliminated when the screen cover is used, its fantastic.

Must say a quick thank you for the speedy delivery (and excellent customer service) on my awning panels, Nick. We're going to brave the British weather over half-term and put them to the test.... Should prove interesting!

Nick, :thanks

Topper and thermal screen cover arrived today and both fit comfortably in the tailgate without forcing them in. This was a bonus as I thought I would only get the topper in.

Andy

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Andy, I'd never thought about the screen cover being stored in the tailgate :clap

You'll all have to let me know how you get on with the products whilst on your adventures!....and don't forget to upload some photo's :thumb

:thanks
Nick

Re: Topper & Screen cover

Goldie said:

Topper and thermal screen cover arrived today and both fit comfortably in the tailgate without forcing them in. This was a bonus as I thought I would only get the topper in.

Andy

Having both the topper and thermal screen cover from Comfortz (excellent products - awesome service) I'm curious as to how you fit them in the tailgate; guessing you take the chairs out and leave at home? Or do you somehow wedge 'em all in together? Not tried it myself and don't have van here to have a look....

Guy.

GuyB said:
Goldie said:

Andy

Having both the topper and thermal screen cover from Comfortz (excellent products - awesome service) I'm curious as to how you fit them in the tailgate; guessing you take the chairs out and leave at home? Or do you somehow wedge 'em all in together? Not tried it myself and don't have van here to have a look....

Guy.

Cover on left with flyscreen under seat and topper on right. Both go between seat and seat back.

It's where I fit the Vango Kela that's worrying me!!

Andy

IMAG0113[1].jpg IMAG0114[1].jpg