Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sneak Preview: Cali-topper Compact

Cali-Topper

Cali-Topper

yvuju2yr.jpg
re8azyhy.jpg
abygupah.jpg

Hi everybody. Just to let you all know within the next two weeks Nick will be launching the
new lightweight Cali topper Compact

It will be available in light grey & black it will easily fold up small enough to store in the tailgate between the chairs. It will be 100% waterproof and will come with a one year guarantee.

Nick is also producing a thermal insulated external windscreen cover available soon

Watch this space

The main difference is they are lighter weight and thinner. The normal Cali-topper is 600 denier
The cal-topper compact is 500 denier it allows it to fold up smaller. The style and fit are the same
I hope this helps

Thats looking good Nick.

When is the insulated windscreen cover ready would be interested in trying one :thumb

Hi Oli, I Should have one ready for you to try next week - if you'd be so kind to give the
cover a review :thumb

Cheers Nick.

Hi Nick,

I'm very interested in the external insulating screen. I would be happy to come up to Bolsover to pick it up, take photos etc. Do you know what the price will be?

Cheers, Stuart (in Derby)

Hi Stuart,

Sure no problem if you want to pop up, I think we'll have some ready by the end of this week. Drop me a call on Wednesday 01246 825873 and we'll have a chat :thumb
The price will be approx £100 - £120 for VIP members - I've not got it completely nailed down yet but I'm happy to work something out with you, shaving the postage off etc.

Cheers,
Nick

comfortz said:
Hi Oli, I Should have one ready for you to try next week - if you'd be so kind to give the
cover a review :thumb

Cheers Nick.

Of course :thumb

Thanks Nick. I'll give you a call on Wednesday. Should be good timing for a trial run at CamperJam (although you are rapidly emptying my bank account!).

Cheers

Stu

Any news about this new lightweight topper ? What is going to be the price (and how about shipping to France by the way?).

Thanks.

I took delivery of the new Comfortz Cali Topper last week and tried it out during the tropical storm (Daily Mail description) on Saturday night. I was camped up at Dungeness Kent 20m from the sea. It was a deluge with howling wind lighteneing and thunder. I must say that it was marvellous. A great nights sleep and not a drop of wetness. Great product.

I'm Glad it was Ok for you Robo - Shame about the weather for you though! :?

I'll be updating the website with the prices of the 'Compact' version very shortly - but the VIP members prices will be £219 (Minus windows) £269 (With windows). The new compact version packs down to half the size of the original Cali-Topper whilst still being a strong waterproof material. (I'll post packed sizes shortly).

Hi Frigorifix, Postage to France is usually and extra £16 - But if you can email me your exact address details I'll confirm the exact price - comfortzleisure@aol.com

We do have some in stock - so if you can't wait for the website to be updated - feel free to drop me a call on 01246 825873 - Cheers, Nick Wilmot.

Hi Nick and thanks for the reply.

2 more silly questions :
- the "standard" version of the Cali-Topper has no chance to fit inside the deck chairs ?
- I don't remeber the trick you use for people without the awning but with just the side gutter thing ?

The standard Cali topper will fit in the tailgate with the chairs but it does take a great bit of folding. The Cali topper compact fits in much easier :thumb

Hi frigorifix,

There's two options if you don't have the roll out awning
> The Cali-Topper attached via the aluminium thumbscrews to the roof (side) rails.
> If you have one of the inserts fitted for the drive away awnings we have manufactured some bespoke attachments for other customers - I'll post a picture / link of them shortly.

Feel free to give me a call 01246 825873 if you have any other questions :D

Great ! I couldn't find this post anywhere :headbang
I'm guessing it's also possible to do "both" : slide the gutter forward a little bit to fix a regular thumbscrew on the rear of the rail and use the other system in the front (?).

I will go to mine and have a look actually :mrgreen:

Back