Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Topper & Screen cover

Re: Topper & Screen cover

We have the topper and thermal screen cover as well, and are quite happy with them. But we have not been able to get the thermal screen cover in with one of the chairs in the tail gate. The topper OK, but not the screen cover. Have you folded it in some specific way?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

bvddobb said:
We have the topper and thermal screen cover as well, and are quite happy with them. But we have not been able to get the thermal screen cover in with one of the chairs in the tail gate. The topper OK, but not the screen cover. Have you folded it in some specific way?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

I haven't unwrapped since it arrived from Nick - just put it in there. I Probably won't be able to fold it up and get it back in after first use :doh I suspect you don't need to try to fold it too small.

Maybe Nick can give us some advice :help

Andy

Re: Topper & Screen cover

After just getting home I can confirm that you can get both in the tailgate after 're-packing' - lovely!

I've been watching this thread with interest :D we never intended for the screen to fit in the tailgate - but it does use the same size bag as the Cali-topper so I guess if you can manage to squeeze all of the air out of the screen cover it should fit in theory. We do pack it in a certain way - I'll try and do some photo's next week - but I think its more about getting the air out to be honest.

:thanks
Nick

We still haven't decided on the topper yet (after all we don't have a van either!). Is the consensus that the topless topper is the best bet?

Hello Larkrise,

Only if you intend using the roofbars - if not then go for the standard one :thumb

Cheers
Nick

My compact topper and thermal screen cover for my Beach arrived in very quick time - thank you Nick for your very prompt and easy service!
I haven't actually taken them out of the bags yet (i'm a bit worried I won't fold them so well again, and then they won't fit in the seat compartment!) but can't wait to have our first night camping to give them a try! :thanks

Thanks for the feedback!

If you have any problems in fitting and folding up - don't hesitate in giving me a call :thumb

Cheers
Nick

Hi there, new Cali owner: off to Scotland in April for family trip and would like to see roof cover and windscreen cover before purchase, if possible. I'm in Surrey (Reigate). I left a post on the March 16 SE meet asking if this might be a place to see these products, but Hop Fm is a bit of a hike, so any nearer places or further help available? many thanks for any help. (sorry for posting two threads!)

Hi. We're in Sunbury (TW16) so not too far from you. I've just purchased both, and you're welcome to come and take a look?

maui2512 said:
Hi. We're in Sunbury (TW16) so not too far from you. I've just purchased both, and you're welcome to come and take a look?
Many thanks, that's v kind; just sorting usual weekend mayhem and I'll get back to u; do u know if the meet has sales or some product examples? Simon :thanks

I popped in to see Nick at his factory on Friday, and picked up a thermal screen cover for our Cali.

Nick is a top guy, and gave me a healthy discount.

Tried it out camping at Monsal Head on Saturday - a joy to put on, folds up easy and seems to do the job nicely. No more trying to force the sun blinds down to try and get the internal blinds fitted after forgetting to do them before swivelling the seats.

Nice one Nick.

sacmac said:
maui2512 said:
Many thanks, that's v kind; just sorting usual weekend mayhem and I'll get back to u; do u know if the meet has sales or some product examples? Simon :thanks

As far as I know it's just an informal meet so it's likely just to be other members and you can take a look at what they have...although I think Alex from SMG might be there with some parts/Brandrup accessories perhaps?

Thanks for the great feedback guys! its much appreciated!

I'll be at Wicksteed on Sunday with a few bits and bobs to try - I will certainly have some roof covers, windscreen covers and seat covers for people to take a look at.

I may even have an awning kit to display if someone close will let me attched it to their Cali :D

I'll also be offering extra discounts for purchasing / ordering on the day :thumb

Cheers,
Nick

You can try the awning on my Cali if you like as I'm looking for an awning but not sure about which type to go for

Alasdair

Thanks for that! I'll have one of our new "2014 - Compact" awning to show - with quite a few improvements over the standard awning :thumb

Cheers,
Nick