Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

touch up paint / colour code

alstevens

alstevens

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
the inevitable tiny chips are beginning to magically appear - looking online for some touch up paint - natural grey in my case - there is mention of a colour code - anyone know where I might find such a thing ?

cheers

al

the inevitable tiny chips are beginning to magically appear - looking online for some touch up paint - natural grey in my case - there is mention of a colour code - anyone know where I might find such a thing ?

cheers

al
V5c document, should be a sticker in your Service Book, or a label on the front of the Drivers seat base.

Presuming of course your vehicle is a T5.1, as you do not state which vehicle you have.

brilliant - thanks a lot - as you say on the seat sticker - will now trawl in search of some ...

al

Again thanks - have ordered a kit from a firm called Chipex .... anyone used their products ?

.....just let it rust....it matches the roof....:D

Sorry , could not resist;)

On topic : mine got stone chips on the bonnet also:(

Hope it's ok to revive this old thread, it's either that or create a new one. I'm arranging to have some scratches fixed on my Cali, and thanks to this thread I've found the paint code. But double checking to make sure it's the right colour (I don't know whether the van has been resprayed or not on the 9 years it was previously owned) I've found two different names for the paint and both were attached to car info not van or California. Can't use the reg no as it's a personal one (works for parts so I can't see why but there it is!).

The van was originally decribed to me as Pearl Black or Black Pearl but the names I've found searching the internet are Black Magic and Diamond Black, either of which sounds more likely as it's black with a sparkle in it. So I'd be grateful for some help from one of the knowledgeable folks on here please!

It's a 2007 T5 California and the paint code is LC9Z

Just Googled this code Gran, and this popped up - "Black Magic is the Audi/Seat name but VW call it Diamond Black".
Black can be the worst to colour match but for chips and small scratches, I'm sure you'll be fine...

If it has been re-spayed, a decent body shop should be able to colour match it using their gear.

Thanks for that, I didn't find that bit!

I was a bit surprised as he said he would paint the whole panel, but local people recommend him. There's only one really deep scratch but he said if he polished the others out the paint would appear different.

I think we'll just have to take it on trust that it's the original colour - there's nothing in the wodge of service history about a respray, and Diamond Black seems very appropriate for the way it sparkles in the sun.

I am trying to match Indium Grey with a touch up pen, seem to find two codes one in the VW catalogue x3x3 and then a LH7 code which I have eventually purchased but looks darker than Indium Grey. I looked for the sticker in the log book but nothing there. Has anyone found Indium grey code on their vehicle?

I am trying to match Indium Grey with a touch up pen, seem to find two codes one in the VW catalogue x3x3 and then a LH7 code which I have eventually purchased but looks darker than Indium Grey. I looked for the sticker in the log book but nothing there. Has anyone found Indium grey code on their vehicle?

to confirm the log book sticker said LH7 for indium grey

Back