Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

touch up paint

buster

buster

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I am pretty hopeless at using touch up pens I can never get it looking right & it never fills the chip properly. I have been reading about Dr colour chip advertising at the bottom of the forum
Has anybody had any experience with this method as it looks easy to get a good finish?

I know what you mean buster the last time I tried to touch up a chip on my bonnet I ended up dripping pain off the brush onto the headlight :laugh2 I will check out the link

Having just had my door mirror repaired the technician gave what was left for touch-up and said the best thing for chips or scratches is not a brush but a cocktail stick or a cotton bud stick where you cut of the cotton bud cutting the stick at a 45 deg angle. He said you will be far more precise. I tried it and it works.

Yes I was advised to use a cocktail stick too - far more precise than the clumsy brush that comes with the small container of touch up paint. Be aware though that even there's supposedly a perfect colour match the chips will still be visible close up. The only way to get back to perfect paintwork apparently is to respray the whole bonnet.

Try Chipex; I have some for the Cali and the BMW;
It's very good.