Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tow bar

A

andrewjkidd8

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all does anyone have a tow bar for sale preferably a removable one but not the end of the world if not.
Cheers

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Quite a few on EBAY

Cheers had a look and managed to pick one up new from ebay with a discount code with %20 off so just over £130 detachable as well just need to wire it in any advice do california's come with the prewiring in? It's a 2010 t5. 1
Cheers

It's an extra option at time of new order.
Simplest to get a dedicated kit for your model. Think that it needs coding in to get indicators etc fully operational. P F Jones do kits as one source. Again can be found on EBAY..
Try You Tube for video on how to do it.

Cheers had a look and managed to pick one up new from ebay with a discount code with %20 off so just over £130 detachable as well just need to wire it in any advice do california's come with the prewiring in? It's a 2010 t5. 1
Cheers

As has been said above. If you are fitting an OEM wiring loom, either from VW or PFJones, it needs to be coded in using VCDS or equivalent.
Once coded, when you plug in the trailer, the vehicle rear parking sensors are disabled as is the rear fog light which is replaced by the trailer rear foglight. The trailer electrics will be checked by the vehicle computer when the Ignition is switched On. Also changes are made to braking system and stability control when a trailer/caravan or Towbar bike rack is fitted.

Cheers

Be careful of those 'discount codes', some of them will use your bank details to take a monthly 'fee' from your bank for 'membership'. Typically the one on Trainline 'Complete Savings' scam which offered discount / cashback for tickets, some might call it legalised fraud.

It was from ebay so should be all good and ordered the westfalia wiring kit from amazon for a reasonable £70so all in for £200 just got to fit it now