Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Towbar for ebike problem

Dottie

Dottie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I’ve just had a towbar fitted for the atera genio pro but I’m not getting clearance for the door of my T5.
Ive now been told I’ll need a different type and using drop plates and/or spacers.
I’ll need to know a type …the towbar guys will have to buy one in specially but they don’t know which one.
Photo is of the one fitted that doesn’t give enough clearance.

IMG_5006.jpeg

Think the issue might just be your choice of bike rack, isn’t it the atera Strada that clears the tailgate?

the westfalia Towbar looks the same as mine and about the same clearance, we had two choices of bike rack that would clear the tailgate the Thule xt3 and the atera strada and we went for the Thule xt3 and it clears the tailgate but only just

I’ve just had a towbar fitted for the atera genio pro but I’m not getting clearance for the door of my T5.
Ive now been told I’ll need a different type and using drop plates and/or spacers.
I’ll need to know a type …the towbar guys will have to buy one in specially but they don’t know which one.
Photo is of the one fitted that doesn’t give enough clearance.

View attachment 113445
I have the Atera Strada DL3 which does allow the tailgate to open on the same removable Westfalia hitch as you have

I have the Genio Pro and it came with an extension adaptor plate to allow it to tilt further. Did you get the adaptor? Works fine on my T6.1.

Door clearance is good with atera genio pro, move the cable to the 3rd hole on the adaptor plate.

Likewise, the atera genio pro works fine on my t6.1. Needed to adjust the cable as per provided instructions though.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

tow bar is same as mine, researched extensively only a couple of racks are suitable i wnt for the

Pro-User Towingball 2 bike carrier Diamant SG2 PLUS​

Which takes my 2 ebikes with about 1 cm clearance for tailgate. No adapter plate needed!

Back