Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Towbar prep for GC600

oakgreen

oakgreen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Does anyone know where the factory wiring connection for towbar prep can be found for the GC600?

I would ideally like a factory tow bar but cannot have one due to payload, this is the next best option to get a factory quality install so long as it can be found and accessed easily when the time comes

Thanks

Does anyone know where the factory wiring connection for towbar prep can be found for the GC600?

I would ideally like a factory tow bar but cannot have one due to payload, this is the next best option to get a factory quality install so long as it can be found and accessed easily when the time comes

Thanks
From memory its by the rear passenger light cluster.

I had a VW detachable bar fitted to our GC600 by the dealer, note that whilst the ball section & the chassis mounted hardware is identical to the factory fitted set up, they leave out the quick fit removable coupling that goes between the two, this means the detachable bar is removable only by using spanners & undoing the 4 bolts.

I had a VW detachable bar fitted to our GC600 by the dealer, note that whilst the ball section & the chassis mounted hardware is identical to the factory fitted set up, they leave out the quick fit removable coupling that goes between the two, this means the detachable bar is removable only by using spanners & undoing the 4 bolts.

Thanks, that sounds a logical place to put it, dealer suggested it terminated somewhere more awkward to access…. definitely worth paying for in that case to get fully functional electrics. I would be happy going with a fixed ball type towbar as I think you can change the mounting height on these? It will likely never be detached and only used for e bike rack/small trailer

I would be happy going with a fixed ball type towbar as I think you can change the mounting height on these? It will likely never be detached and only used for e bike rack/small trailer

Its the detachable one that has a choice of mounting points, if you look at the pic below there is a further low set of holes you can use.

One of the reasons we went for detachable was at the time the Scottish ferry companies were getting V strict on the length of vans & the towbar attached made it over 6m so into the higher price band.removable.png

Ok that’s the one I want then as it would be better to have it in the low position for tilting bike racks etc - thanks for clarifying

Back