Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Towing Eye Cover

TrevorH

TrevorH

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Just returned to Cali parked on street overnight to find towing eye cover on front bumper missing. Can’t think it has fallen off since I would surely have noticed before and don’t think it comes loose ( it has never been removed from new) . So wondering if I have had a lucky escape from a predatory tow truck or am I being paranoid?
As to replacement I see some on e Bay but obviously needs to be colour coded so I guess may need to be dealer sourced. Thoughts anyone ?ADF3345E-B819-4310-922C-AC7FE860E3C4.jpeg

If there was a car parked in front of your van all night I wouldn’t worry about it. If there wasn’t still don’t worry about it. Get yourself a replacement and move on.

Fair enough, I’m not losing sleep but simply am curious to see if anyone else had suffered an unexplained loss of this part . Also best place to source a matching replacement.

I had a similar situation with an Audi A3 I purchased and had shipped on a trailer from CA to TX. These covers don't just fall off. It was likely removed by someone who needed one for another vehicle. Just buy a replacement cover (likely unpainted but primed), a spray can of colour matched paint based on the paint code and some clear top coat. I sprayed the part in a large box in the garden with several coats of colour and a couple of the top coat. Being a flat paint it was unnoticeable.

Back