Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Towing with 4 cycle rack

Jeeves

Jeeves

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Not sure if anyone can help me here or not...
I'm seriously considering purchasing a Beach this summer.
We currently use a Dandy folding camper (pictured) and I was hoping someone on here could give me the dimensions of a 4 cycle carrier when in use.
I need to work out if I can tow our camper with the bikes in situ and if there is enough clearance between the bike rack and the trailer.
The Dandy stands at 135 cm when folded and being towed but hopefully you can see that I do have some significant clearance between the towing vehicle and the trailer.
Our plan would be to have the option to still use our trailer for UK holidays for the kids to sleep in (has added bonus of a toilet, cooker etc not to mention privacy) and then to sell the trailer in years to come.
Longer tours with the beach will just be self sufficient , not towing....
just need to work out if this will work as carrying bicycles is a big bonus for us.
Hope this makes sense ?IMG_0339.JPG

I can't answer your question As I don't have a VW bike rack. However theres nothing to stop you using the volvo roof bars with a change to the feet on the beach roof.

I occasionally tow a caravan with the VW 4 bike rack and have no problem with clearance.

I find though that the Cali tows better than the bike rack!
I still have no problem with clearance.
I need a coffee.

Thanks for your replies-maybe I could simply have asked if anyone tows a caravan and has a bike rack-looks like I may be on the market for a California this summer

@Jeeves — We have towed with a T5.1 Beach and an Opus folding camper with the old style rack and it was fine. Also with a T6 Caravelle and the Opus plus new style rack. Again it was fine. If you want a picture or measurements, let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks very much- opus is very similar to a dandy so that’s very helpful