Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tracking a new build?

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have noticed comments on the forum about tracking the progress of new builds from order, through the build process, to delivery. Can someone please tell me how you able to do this? I know it's possible with cars but there doesn't seem to be the same facility with commercial vehicles.

Many thanks.

I have noticed comments on the forum about tracking the progress of new builds from order, through the build process, to delivery. Can someone please tell me how you able to do this? I know it's possible with cars but there doesn't seem to be the same facility with commercial vehicles.

Many thanks.
If I recall correctly I think your new vehicle was due to be made week 37, which is the same as the Ocean I am waiting for. My dealer said that VWCC do not offer the tracking facility that is available for cars. However he has been super helpful letting me know the progress of our vehicle, when it left the factory, awaiting shipping, arriving at Sheerness and now due to arrive with the dealer on 1 Oct

There was no tracker app when we were waiting, but many get to know the online support team via the chat facility on the vw website. as they can also provide updates.

Then off course once it’s built and on the way to the dock you can work out which ship it’s on and watch your van cross the channel via the ship tracker.

Many thanks.
If you call your dealer every now and again and ask them to look at your order and give you the status code.

Status P = Awaiting allocation
Status V = Allocation assigned
Status 00 = Assigned to factory no production week scheduled
Status 10 = Factory ordered with production week
Status 20 = Factory ordered with confirmed build week
Status 30 = In transit from factory
Status 36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
Status 38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
Status 39 = Vehicle on ship
Status 40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
Status 60 = Dispatched to Dealer
Status 70 = Vehicle arrived at Dealer

If I recall correctly I think your new vehicle was due to be made week 37, which is the same as the Ocean I am waiting for. My dealer said that VWCC do not offer the tracking facility that is available for cars. However he has been super helpful letting me know the progress of our vehicle, when it left the factory, awaiting shipping, arriving at Sheerness and now due to arrive with the dealer on 1 Oct
Crikey!!!! I was told ours was going to be built starting on the 16th September which if I am correct is week 37 or 38 depending if they count the first week of January which isn't a full week. Sorry, I'm not sure how they work this out.

I wasn't expecting it to pitch up until mid to late October. Bonus. I 'd better check with the dealer today.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
If you call your dealer every now and again and ask them to look at your order and give you the status code.

Status P = Awaiting allocation
Status V = Allocation assigned
Status 00 = Assigned to factory no production week scheduled
Status 10 = Factory ordered with production week
Status 20 = Factory ordered with confirmed build week
Status 30 = In transit from factory
Status 36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
Status 38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
Status 39 = Vehicle on ship
Status 40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
Status 60 = Dispatched to Dealer
Status 70 = Vehicle arrived at Dealer
Thanks Loz,
That's very helpful.

Crikey!!!! I was told ours was going to be built starting on the 16th September which if I am correct is week 37 or 38 depending if they count the first week of January which isn't a full week. Sorry, I'm not sure how they work this out.

I wasn't expecting it to pitch up until mid to late October. Bonus. I 'd better check with the dealer today.

Many thanks.
Ours was also w/c 16 Sept (Week 37). It arrived in Sheerness on Monday this week and dealer received an ETA from the transport company of 1 Oct. I will collect on Friday 11th Oct. How many more sleeps???

Ours was also w/c 16 Sept (Week 37). It arrived in Sheerness on Monday this week and dealer received an ETA from the transport company of 1 Oct. I will collect on Friday 11th Oct. How many more sleeps???
I'd better get my skates on then.

I'd better get my skates on then.
Panic over. Apparently our new bus has been built and is awaiting shipment to the docks. So it should be here in the next two or three weeks. We would be happy to collect it now but that wasn't on our agenda.

Back